“Cery Peaceful and relaxing”

National Shrine Basilica of Our Lady of Fatima
Ranked #4 of 22 things to do in Lewiston
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family took a half day away from the Falls to hit out of area places. This was bout 20 minutes away from Falls. It was very beautiful and respectful. Many places to walk around and just be at peace and relax. Statues of all of the Saints, the main building is beautiful. If you like this type of stop, then you will love it.

1  Thank JimEBB
There are newer reviews for National Shrine Basilica of Our Lady of Fatima

Reviewed April 30, 2013

they are adding to the grounds every year and that is nice to see. a beautifull place for a relaxing drive to and enjoy the grounds especially in the spring

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Although I am a godless heathen, I am also Portuguese, so I felt that bringing my children here to visit this place would be important. We were on a trip to Niagra Falls, and the shrine is very close by.

The children were able to observe a small slice of Roman Catholicism, and briefly peek into the mythology of the culture that I was raised in. It stimulated an interesting dialogue that continued for the remainder of the trip. I'm glad that we were able to have this experience.

2  Thank advocon
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a very peaceful place. I would like to re-visit in the spring or summer when the grounds would probably be more kept up. Staff was very friendly.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Breathtaking esp when decorated for Christmas w all the red pointsettia's agianst all the white marble altars!!! And the life-sized Nativity Scene (have miniature version at home!!!) :)