“Lies lies lies”

Aartpark Hotel Inn at Lewiston
Ranked #2 of 2 Lewiston B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was a customer there when this particular customer was there. She was so unruly, complaining and possibly drunk. She called many days later. I was staying there for two weeks, and had no problems. She threatened the owner that she was going to go on Internet if she didn't get money back. I have been going there for years, and saw a customer that was just trying to get her money back from everywhere she stayed. Totally unjust, and no one would stay in a room that was that bad, and wait a week to report it. She is a joke. If you look at most reviews, you see she is unjust. No one was paid for any review. Just a shame people think the internet can be used as blackmail. There were flies all over Lewiston, not just this property. And all over earth.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was the worst possible hotel. The odor just kept gagging you. I couldn't complain until I got home 6 days latter and the management was very unpleasant. There must of been 30 flies in the room which is very unsanitary and when I went outback I understood why. There were horses out there. Don't stay here if you want a decent place to stay. I have been to Lewiston 3 times and this was the worst ever. Thank heavens it was only for 1 night I don't know how they got a 71/2 star rating. They must of written it themselves.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Not part of a chain, this is a cosy, quiet motel not too far off the main road. The rooms are clean, with standard furnishings like TV and wi-fi. The owner is friendly and helpful. I had trouble with reservations made through an online company, but she handled them more than satisfactorily. Look for the pet turtles in the backyard!

Room Tip: Overlook the back yard.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank psr0605
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We planned a two night stay but stayed an extra two nights, mostly due to the hospitality shown us by the owner, Sue. Such a pleasant change from the chain hotels. Want to address the flies...yes, we had some in our room but don't feel this is a problem with hotel but throughout Lewiston this time of year. They really weren't bothersome, mildly annoying but a rolled up newspaper worked well! Location is ideal with Niagra Falls a short 7 miles away on Robert Moses Highway. There are many lovely eateries on the main street and our favorite activity was to follow the main street down to the Niagra River to relax on a swing or park bench. Highly recommend this motel as the owner did everything she could to make our stay a pleasant one. Whenever we are in the area again, we will definitely return.

Room Tip: We preferred first floor so we could go directly into our room but second floor rooms would also be...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jeaninnh
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The room had a few fly's, probably from door open during cleaning during peak of summer. I stayed there 8/2/12 .Room was spic and span with more than expected amenities. Owner was very helpful directing me to local shops, eateries etc. Would love to return and take her out for dinner. I traveled there from Maryland and will again and plan on staying in Portage House Motel again.

Room Tip: I would prefer lower level simply to avoid stairs as a personal choice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Inexpensive motel, no frills. Room does include a mini refrigerator, and the property has a room with a few vending machines and a microwave. I have stayed there before, no problems - this time my room was infested with flies, which really skeeved me out. I should have spent more time checking out the room when I checked in -- by the time I got back to the room in the evening, it was too late to complain about the flies. (Family owned business, and guests ring a doorbell for check in, help, whatever.) On the upside - location is excellent. One short block to a decent Greek restaurant (Syros), two short blocks to a supermarket, and very near ArtPark. Units are very clean. (well, except for that problem with the flies... )

Room Tip: Really look at the room when you check in!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2012

There's not much of a selection of motels or hotels in Lewiston. There is one very expensive hotel and two motels. For a one night stay if going to Artpark or just visiting beautiful Lewiston this is perfect. The price is right and it's clean. Needs some updating but for a night or two it's fine. Bring your own toiletries. There's coffee and muffins in the morning. The staff which consists of one woman is pleasant. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funsen

Been to Aartpark Hotel Inn at Lewiston? Share your experiences!