“The Summer Time Concert Place to Be!”
Review of Artpark

Artpark
Ranked #3 of 22 things to do in Lewiston
More attraction details
Owner description: Artpark, Western New York’s premier music and theater destination, sits atop 150 acres of picturesque land overlooking the Niagara River Gorge. Located in Historic Lewiston, the State Park features a 2,400-seat Mainstage Theater and seating lawn, Outdoor Amphitheater, steel sculptures, picnic areas, hiking trails, historical markers, fishing docks and children’s activities!
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have to say I love the summer time concert series here. Since they started offering tickets last year the crowding has improved. I have found it is often well worth the extra money for the Upper VIP area since you can get food and drinks without waiting in huge lines. The sound is always well done and they bring a great variety of acts to the venue.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Each year, Artpark provides a fantastic venue with something for all! It has a great view and a terrific atmosphere!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have been to Artpark several times over the years, but since they started bringing in name acts, the problem with this venue is not capable of handling big crowds! Security IS non-existent inside the venue and outside is patrolled by local police who hand out tickets like there going out of style!
Bathrooms are terrible and waiting in line for 1/2 hr or more can be the norm. Getting there early to get a good spot . . You take your life in your own hands when the gated open, poorly managed.
Parking is alright if you like to hike, and yes don't even try to party, litter or loiter in the parking lots, you'll be fined without a so much as a verbal warning . . . But aside from all those misgivings, the bands are awesome, sound system average for outdoors, but bring chair and proper clothing for when the sun goes down or clouds appear!!!

2  Thank bazzbozz
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I went to the Flaming Lips concert last evening, and besides being extremely hot we had a wonderful time. We were able to purchase tickets that allowed us VIP seating that were very reasonable. We love the location. There are paths all around the venue that you can hike as well. We always go for a hike along the Niagara River. The views are breathtaking. This is a gorgeous space that we are fortunate to have. They offer great entertainmant at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I went to see the band Chicago at Artpark on Tuesday, June 25, 2013. The concert itself was great. However, accessibity for handicapped persons and communication by Artpark staff members was deplorable! My wife recently had knee surgery and she was using crutches when we went to the show. While we were driving to the show we saw a sign which said a "handicapped shuttle" was available to the show from the upper parking lot. After parking in the upper lot, there was no shuttle in sight. We asked one of the Artpark staff members who was directing traffic and he said that to his knowledge, there was no handicapped shuttle. After walking ALL the way to the entrance gates, we again asked an Artpark staff member about the shuttle in the hope of taking the shuttle back to our car after the show. Again, this staff member said she knew nothing about any "handicapped shuttle". We set up our chairs with many other people on a brick laneway and the show began. A short time later, a security guard came by and said that everyone sitting on the brick laneway would have to move, as it was an emergency vehicle pathway. There were no signs indicating that spectators were not allowed to sit in this area. However, the security guard said my wife and I could remain seated in the brick laneway because my wife was obviously disabled. A short while later, a SECOND security guard came along and told us, rather rudely, that we would have to move or else an emergency vehicle might "run her over." Following the concert, we started walking back to our car. In the distance I could see a golf cart transporting a few concertgoers. A couple of people got off the golf cart but I couldn't catch up to it, as it started moving again and it was too far away. So we walked all the way back to the upper parking lot. As a result my wife was in a lot of pain. I offered several times to skip the concert, but she really wanted to see the show. After we got home, we checked Artpark's website and there apparently is handicapped access from Parking Lot B, but there were no signs on the property or along the nearby city streets to indicate that handicapped persons should go to Parking Lot B. And again, none of the Artpark staff members we talked to knew anything about a handicapped shuttle. In the future I would hope that Artpark would get its act together and inform its employees about available services for handicapped persons.

3  Thank Tim B

Been to Artpark? Share your experiences!