“Wonderful refuge in the woods”

Gilbert Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Laurens
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful refuge in the woods”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Gilbert Lake State Park was one of my favorite attractions when I lived in the area. Minutes from Interstate 88 near Oneonta, it is chock full of hiking trails, several ponds and lakes, and places to bike. During the summer, there is a beach open for swimming, and there are campsites you can bring your RV to as well as cabins to rent for a small fee. There is a fee to enter the park with a vehicle during the summer, but before Memorial Day, parking is free and after Labor Day it is as well, except on weekends before Columbus Day. Beautiful place, and highly recommend it.

Visited May 2012

Burlington Flats, New York
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Boating swimming and good scenery too”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

For a set fee, per car. Well worth it for the fun you can have all day. There is swimming and cooking accomodations. We had a get together for 40 with plenty of space to roam around, recommended.

158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 251 helpful votes
“A wonderful place to "get away" to..........”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I am so lucky to have this place within a few miles of my house. Gilbert Lake has EVERYTHING.......a beach, playground, picnic area, a lake, concessions, pavilions, hiking trails, campsites and cabins...........and even a small museum.

Lucky me..........I am considered a senior citizen and I get in free (along with everyone in the car with me)!!!!!

My last visit was a little more than a month ago, with my daughter and my grandkids and we had a great time swimming and cooking out.

One problem is this: sometimes it gets a bit crowded.........but what can I say.......Gilbert Lake State Park is a one of a kind place and EVERYONE loves to spend time there in the summer.

Visited July 2012