“Boating swimming and good scenery too”

Gilbert Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Laurens
Burlington Flats, New York
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Boating swimming and good scenery too”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

For a set fee, per car. Well worth it for the fun you can have all day. There is swimming and cooking accomodations. We had a get together for 40 with plenty of space to roam around, recommended.

142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 248 helpful votes
“A wonderful place to "get away" to..........”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I am so lucky to have this place within a few miles of my house. Gilbert Lake has EVERYTHING.......a beach, playground, picnic area, a lake, concessions, pavilions, hiking trails, campsites and cabins...........and even a small museum.

Lucky me..........I am considered a senior citizen and I get in free (along with everyone in the car with me)!!!!!

My last visit was a little more than a month ago, with my daughter and my grandkids and we had a great time swimming and cooking out.

One problem is this: sometimes it gets a bit crowded.........but what can I say.......Gilbert Lake State Park is a one of a kind place and EVERYONE loves to spend time there in the summer.

Visited July 2012