“Awesome stay”

Brookside Inn at Laurens
Ranked #1 of 1 Laurens B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 21, 2013

At the end of a weeklong jaunt where we had stayed in a number of places, we arrived at the Brookside Inn at Laurens, and were warmly welcomed by Dave and Lori. The rooms were charmingly decorated and our bedroom was large and comfortable. There was a wonderful great room chock full of tasty treats; Ken took advantage of the available cookies and milk several times. Our first morning, Lori treated us to our own breakfast, in front of the fireplace. We were immediately sold on the Inn and got so relaxed, we asked about staying another night. As luck would have it, they still had a room available and we grabbed it. We also booked three nights in the Spring!! For our trip home, Lori packaged a few of the cookies Ken liked...what a sweetie. Looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Each room is tastefully decorated; the yellow room was our favorite, on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent two nights at The Brookside Inn At Laurens, and felt as if we were staying with family. Lori and Dave were WONDERFUL hosts. The rooms were charming, clean, delightfully decorated, and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. We really wanted to stay a third morning to see what new culinary delights Lori would create for us. Snacks were ALWAYS available and chocolates right next to your bed--yum.
As we were tourists, it was a great location, close to Cooperstown and Oneonta. We would stay at Brookside again and we WILL recommend it to all our friends

Room Tip: We were given a tour of the Inn, and I believe every room is a good room All have fireplaces, good...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at the Brookside Inn for two nights to visit the attractions in Cooperstown. This was also our first stay at a Bed and Breakfast. We enjoyed every part of our experience here. The owners, Lori and Dave, were warm, welcoming and very accommodating and made some great recommendations of places to see in the area. The Inn was very clean and comfortable - we loved all the homey, personal touches - and breakfast both mornings was a real treat! It was also an easy driving distance from everything we wanted to see while in the area while enjoying being in the outskirts of town.
Whenever we are back in the area, we will definitely be booking a second stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here with friends for a long weekend get away. Very comfortable--Food was great
Charmingly decorated. The hosts were great and knowledgable of area. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at Brookside Inn for two nights on a work trip in the region. It is a meticulously refurbished, beautifully maintained (clean, clean!) Victorian house converted into a B&B. The amenities are perfect (loads of towels, extra blankets, a hair-drier in the bathroom, chocolates awaiting you by your bedside, complimentary wine. And the breakfast! Lori will give you any kind of eggs you want, bacon, sausages; I imagine she'd have made pancakes; oatmeal, whatever. A class act. She did everything she could to make me comfortable. -- One thing I would suggest to the good Lori and David: a desk for those who want to work in their rooms (I had to work on my computer on the bed, which was OK, but still. I myself don't like to work in a dining room w/ other guests around.) ,. -- One problem: I could not get cell-phone service there. But there are many "dead zones" in rural New York State. I still give Brookside Inn a 5. So much can go wrong, and nothing did, save for the cell phone issue. (There's no fitness center, no pool, so these items are N/A).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We decided to go to Cooperstown on a whim because our cousin was filming a movie in Oneonta for the month. We researched a bunch of hotels and ended up choosing this one because it had great reviews and the pictures were nice. They were right! Lori was an absolute sweetheart and pleasure to be around...she opened the door and knew who we were right away, and showed us around and made us feel right at home. In the morning, they offer a great breakfast buffet and let you make a plate with coffee or tea. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and well kept. We would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great warm place to stay for a weekend getaway!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been wanting to visit the MLB Hall of Fame in Cooperstown for as long as I can remember, and this summer I finally got around to it. While shopping around for a motel, I spotted Brookside Inn at Laurens. I'd never stayed at a bed and breakfast before,but the price was reasonable so I thought, what the hey? It turned out to exceed my expectations! Lori greeted me by name when I arrived, and showed me around the house, and where I would be staying. There was candy by the bed (they know my weakness!) along with bottled water and a complimentary bottle of wine. There were all sorts of snacks in the dining room, available any time. Brookside Inn is beautifully decorated. You can tell a lot of thought goes into picking out the many decorations. And it's clean and neat. The inn is in a small town setting. Very peaceful. I went out for a couple of late night walks, and just sat on the porch and listened to the brook that runs alongside the inn. Breakfast was exquisite. So much variety, and so much tastier than anything the big name hotels dish out! I love bacon and eat a lot of it, and I gotta tell ya' this was some of the best tasting bacon I've ever had!
I had never traveled through the state of New York prior to this, and I was impressed. The countryside is breathtaking. I would recommend it to anyone. And if you do travel to the area, do yourself a favour and treat yourself to a stay at the Brookside Inn at Laurens. It's an experience you'll never forget.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dgilligan60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurens
Clarion Hotel
The Inn at Cooperstown
#1 of 16 in Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Kountry Living Bed and Breakfast

Been to Brookside Inn at Laurens? Share your experiences!