“Service that Lacks Honour” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area

Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Latham
Singapore
“Service that Lacks Honour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I called 24 hours prior to make a reservation and stated that I was going to use a coupon. My details were taken and was even given a reference number.

By 7 pm when I wanted to check in I was told by the receptionist that my details were not in his system and he could not Honour the coupon rate. I was able to quote his colleague's name and ref number. I couldn't be lying. He shrugged and said a few times "it's not in the system".

It's your system, not mine. You messed up, not me. Why was I left stranded and forced to pay a higher rate ?

I went to the opposite side of the road and stayed with Microtel. Newer and cheaper.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank HazeSingapore
Super8LathamNY, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I am so sorry for the experience that you had this weekend at our establishment. We will be working with the employees involved to ensure that this never happens to anyone again. We have several fairly new employees. I am not certain why you were treated this way I can guarantee it will never happen again. Please check your private messages as we hope that we can fins a way for you to come stay with us again.

Stephanie
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Malone, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Room was clean. Great service however when I got there my credit card was declined. The gentleman told me if I was paying cash I would have to give a $50 deposit as well until checkout the next day. I drove 3.5hrs down there and was never informed of this when I made my reservation so needless to say I had no money for food or drink the entire night. Other than that a nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8LathamNY, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We thank you for your review and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry that you were not aware that we require a deposit for customers paying cash. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.
Waterford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

It was clean, staff where all nice,could use a guest laundry though,overall not bad for the price.Denny's next store was a plus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8LathamNY, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have ben looking in to adding a guest laundry and are trying to work out a plan for that. We hope that when you visited the Denny's you let them know you were a guest and took advantage of the discount they offer to the patrons of the hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Soke-on-Trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

As usual booked in advance to get the discount for my road trip. I had driven from Hyannis, MA, so a long day's drive through Vermont for the Fall foliage. Very nice young lady on reception, welcoming and check-in only took 5 minutes, credit card, photo ID, job done. Very nice room (315) loads of space, 2 massive double-beds, everything as you would expect, and clean. Wi-Fi was ace, I was getting 20 Meg download onto my laptop.Had a good night's sleep, then went to Denny's next door which has just opened in the old Friendly's building, very nice breakfast, then headed for Niagara Falls. Photos to follow.

Room Tip: Had room 315, very nice large room