“Nice hotel for family weekend”

Residence Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed in a bi-level 2-bedroom suite with my family of 2 kids. Got no chance to use the full kitchen but definitely good feature for family with extended staying. Breakfast is nice. Nearby airport and city of Albany. Definitely will come back

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DJ_SUN2013

Reviewed October 6, 2013

5 stars should mean perfection and even though this place could use a few small "tweeks" I gave it a top rating because it deserves to be at or near the top of the list for hotel accommodations in this area!
We spent this past weekend in a 2 story, 2 bedrm, 2 full bath suite/condo while visiting Siena College (10 minutes away)- perfect for a family of 4 or 5 to spread out and feel at home. I really appreciated the full sized stainless appliances so I could prepare a home cooked meal for my son who is already sick of college food. I brought a few essentials from home (good knives, baking sheet) but it was a fairly well stocked kitchen including wine glasses! The complimentary breakfast was good: eggs, pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit salad, waffles, yogurt, breads, muffins, and bagels etc. It was mixed up a bit the next day with biscuits and gravy and latkes.
The place was very clean ( I am pretty picky when it comes to that). Only noticed a little dust behind the end tables and a couple of dead bees in between the window and screens but how awesome is that...to be able to open windows throughout the unit and let in fresh air?! Beds were pretty comfortable with plenty of pillows and linens. Carpet was in good shape too. Three flat screen tvs and an electric fireplace are convenient touches. Yes, this is an older Residence Inn and it shows its age in a few unavoidable yet subtle ways, but is clearly well maintained and updated in many respects. I think if you are looking for a place in the greater Capital region for a group of four or more this is the best deal going. The Homewood Suites on Wolf Rd and the Townplace Suites Albany Medical Center are highly regarded but you will spend a whole lot more $$ for a 2 bdrm 2 bath layout than you will at the Residence Inn Albany AIrport.
Lastly, I must mention the staff at this place. From the front desk, to housekeeping, to the lovely hard working ladies at breakfast, everyone was so friendly and accommodating. Management should be pleased with its staff and treat them accordingly. I look forward to being a repeat customer at this establishment over the next four years.

Room Tip: You will here airplanes during the day and as early as 5 a.m. (we were in bldg 10) but there were no...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for about six months and found it extremely comfortable for long stay. Rooms are spacious, clean and nice amenities. Service is good. High speed internet and wifi are excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I loved our Stay, It was our second time! The first time we stayed in a huge room two floors two bedrooms full kitchen and a pull out sofa in the living room. This time we got a smaller i bedroom Clean, Up to date, Roomy, all around awesome place! It feels like home! Great Breakfast too! I love this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stay here every August when we go to Saratoga, which is about a 20 minute drive up the Northway. This place is more like a condo than a hotel. We usually stay in a two story room. The first floor has a kitchen, dining area, fireplace, bathroom and a Murphy bed. The upstairs has a bathroom and double bed. TV's both upstairs and downstairs. The included breakfast is very good. The pool and hot tub are nice, and there is a small (not full sized) sports court that can be used for tennis, volleyball, or basketball. There's a great walking path a few minutes away along the Mohawk river. The Albany airport is right next door, and planes do fly overhead, but I've never been bothered by them, and it seems like they don't have flights during the night. The only complaint I have is that the pool is freezing cold (even in August) so they might want to think about heating it. Other than that, highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

5 of us shared a loft. The loft itself was really cool with lots of room . The beds were good except for the sofabed but all sofa beds are crappy. The staff at this hotel is awesome...can't get better. The breakfast in the am was great and again so was the staff...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 22minky
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have written over 150 reviews and believe in the power of feedback. I hope you find my review helpful.
We were staying in the Schenectady/Niskayuna area and this was a good location for that purpose. We had a 2 bedroom room for my me, my wife and our 3 daughters. The room was spacious, modern, comfortable and clean. Beds were very comfortable. The folks checking us in and out were super friendly and helpful. I called the day before and asked about an upgrade to a 2 bedroom. The GM, Andrea, went out of her way to upgrade us. She was super friendly and called me back to confirm. Lots of choices at breakfast and the kids were not disappointed. I would stay here again, no question. The internet kicked me off a few times, but I had no problem getting back on.
Tip for eating out: My favorite pizza place in the entire world is about 5 miles away on Union street called Homestyle. They have everything from pizza by the slice, subs, hot Italian food, and the best rolatini you will ever have.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
2 mi away
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham

Been to Residence Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!