“Great Service, Great Rooms”

Residence Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Service, Great Rooms”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have written over 150 reviews and believe in the power of feedback. I hope you find my review helpful.
We were staying in the Schenectady/Niskayuna area and this was a good location for that purpose. We had a 2 bedroom room for my me, my wife and our 3 daughters. The room was spacious, modern, comfortable and clean. Beds were very comfortable. The folks checking us in and out were super friendly and helpful. I called the day before and asked about an upgrade to a 2 bedroom. The GM, Andrea, went out of her way to upgrade us. She was super friendly and called me back to confirm. Lots of choices at breakfast and the kids were not disappointed. I would stay here again, no question. The internet kicked me off a few times, but I had no problem getting back on.
Tip for eating out: My favorite pizza place in the entire world is about 5 miles away on Union street called Homestyle. They have everything from pizza by the slice, subs, hot Italian food, and the best rolatini you will ever have.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay. We went for a college open house @ Union college. Very accessible to Union, the airport and a short ride to the mall for a movie. LARGE two story unit, clean, neat and tidy. We brought our dog who was very happy and the front desk was great! Absolutely no complaints. :)

• Stayed May 2013
Long Island, NY
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Residence Inn is different from some of the newer properties which are one building. Some of the reviewers have complained about the walk to breakfast at the gatehouse. The property is built to look like garden apartments and it has that feel rather than a hotel. It is a Residence Inn, it is not a full service Marriott but a place where you can stay for short or long periods of time without feeling like you are living out of a suitcase.

I had a studio suite; queen sized comfortable bed, nice bathroom with a large counter and a sitting area in front of a fireplace with small sofa and chair. The desk/table is well lit for working and the kitchen is first rate with plenty of kitchenware and tableware. It is close to the highway and very convenient to I-87. Breakfast was excellent overall and typical of a Residence Inn.

The staff at the front desk was friendly as was the breakfast room staff. This was a short stay for me but I am sure that I could have stayed longer if needed. The place is quiet; yes there is an airport right next door, but it is Albany not JFK or O'Hare. I heard a few planes in the daytime but surprisingly quiet at night given how close it is to a major highway.

Only two negatives; the breakfast room ran out of eggs on the weekend but substituted egg whites (better for my health and plenty of options remaining) and when I asked the front desk staff for dining options, they really did not have much at their fingertips. But again, this is a clean comfortable place to stay for business, visiting family or college trips, not a resort

Room Tip: I found the ground floor to be more convenient with luggage. If being close to the main house is im...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Las Cruces,NM
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I just got back from a trip to Albany,NY and we stayed for 6 days at the Residence Inn. I consider this Residence Inn to be one of the BEST Residence Inn we've stayed at. First, the place is updated with modern facilities, has 2 bedrooms and 2 baths giving guests privacy. Second, it feels more like an apartment rather than a hotel, third, the grounds are well maintained, quiet and peaceful. Fourth, it's proximity to the airport makes it very convenient for us. Lastly, they have ample breakfast with eggs, oatmeal, sausages, waffles, cereals, fruits, coffee and drinks. Also, kudos to the maid who was very honest. We left a tip for her but she did not even take it. For us, we know that everytime we visit Albany, the Residence Inn is our # 1 choice to be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
California
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A very clean and cozy place! It was like staying in a timeshare. Loved the bed, room and the fireplace! It was overkill for me as a single just staying 1 night, but I would definitely stay here again and recommended it to anyone. It is by the airport, though not that close, so you'll need a car if you want to explore downtown. The included internet access worked great, and the breakfast was nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even as I arrived after midnight. Only drawback is the airport shuttle stops about 9pm, so I had to take a $10 cab to the hotel.
This is one of the best Residence Inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Albany, New York
Reviewed May 12, 2013

i would highly recommend this hotel to any type of business travel around up-state NY specially for people who would want some privacy, calm atmosphere and comfortable rooms. i stayed in that place for 6 months last year and have absolutely enjoyed the place. the separate rooms that you get and the parking lot is all you need up-state to relax and stay focused on your work. the staff is great as well, all having a welcoming smile and a will to help as much as they can.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ralph A
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Was in Albany for two days this week and went back to the Residence Inn. I can stay anywhere and my choice is the RI. Made reservations on line and check in was a breeze. Everyone very friendly, was given a newly remodeled room in building 5. A one bedroom which allows entertaining in the living room, the fireplace is a riot.

Two new TV's turned to the music channels made it sound great. Used the exercise room each morning followed by a healthy breakfast of fresh fruit (the other stuff is there too.)

The staff all seem to love working there, everyone goes out of the way, the maid for room 504 went out of her way for me.

I will be back, missed visiting with Sonja who was on vacation but the GM Betsy made an effort to say hello. For a infrequent visitor they treated me like a regular.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Philip A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham

Been to Residence Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!