“Very pleasant place to land after a hard day's work or travel”

Residence Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Denver, Colorado
“Very pleasant place to land after a hard day's work or travel”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A cluster of 12 or 15 buildings with several apartments in each, this residence inn is staffed by professionals in the hospitality business. The breakfasts offered a wide range of healthy options and the dinners (except on weekends) were really quite a surprise. Baked potato with chili, salad and beer or wine is a nice perk at the end of the day; especially if you do not feel like going out to eat. Another option at this property is something called "Order Inn." Nice take-out menu, delivered quickly. The food, the prices and the convenience were excellent. I know this place is next to an airport, but I did not find that a distraction to a good night's sleep. I will stay here again when I'm in the Albany area,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I noticed previous reviews complaining about the noise from the airport. My experience was just fine. Yes, the runway is out the back window, but I think I only heard one jet during my overnight stay. Now, if you're looking to relax during the later morning hours or early afternoon, then there'll be a few take offs and landings I'm sure. But this isn't a terribly busy airport so don't be scared off because of noise. The location is otherwise quite convenient, with plenty of options for shopping and dining nearby. Not quite right off the highway but not too bad either. The hotel is quite pleasant, with nicely appointed rooms and clean. The staff were all very nice and quite helpful. I missed the breakfast so cannot comment on that but I did check out the eating area and it's quite large. Coffee was still available later in the morning when I checked out. The one negative is that as many Residence Inns are commonly designed with multiple buildings, you are likely forced to walk between buildings to take advantage of the free breakfast. I'm not a fan of this kind of setup, especially in bad weather or cold, but I can think of worse things to complain about. Otherwise, I was pleased enough with my stay that I will return when in the area. It's convenient to my clients' locations as well so all the more reason to come back..

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are a longer walk to the breakfast room and also face the airport.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 82sammy
York Beach, Maine
Reviewed February 27, 2013

my wife and I stayed for one night.We had a one bedroom suite.This is an older facility but it was glaringly apparent that the facility had been updated.Our room was comfortable.The only negative was the bathroom fan was very loud (others have written the same thing).The staff was exceptional.I wanted single out the front desk clerk but i Lost her name.The evening social with complimentary beer and wine was great<After a long drive not having to go our for supper was wonderful.The breakfast the next morning was very good.The staff are most friendly and helpful and we stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mainelytravel
VA
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I only stayed two nights, but wish I could have stayed longer. It's very close to the airport. The staff is professional. The buildings are recently renovated. I stayed in a studio suite with stainless steel appliances in the kitchen, a fireplace, queen sized bed, etc. The breakfast is good, nightly social hour with heavy appetizers and drinks is a nice touch. I would stay again in a heart beat!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many Residence Inns over the years. This hotel must have been renovated recently. Everything was painted, new siding, the carpets looked new as did the appliances. The only downside is that it is adjacent to the airport runway. Fortunately there are very few flights in and out of Albany so noise wasn't an issue over my three day stay.

Very friendly staff, decent breakfast selection too.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently stayed here for 4 nights, November 5 checking out November 9. We came after a terrible experience at the Best Western Airport (see other review for details)

The entire stay was wonderful. The customer service is what I have come to expect from marriotts, and that is why I prefer to stay with this brand. Everyone made us feel welcome and our business appreciated.

The room is very comfortable and well decorated. We were in a studio suite and it had a queen bed, living area and nice sized kitchen with quality appliances. We never cooked but you could. We did have the breakfast each morning and the "snack" at night, and they also serve beer and wine on them. Nice to not have to go out in the evening, its right there.

I would have preferred to have the rooms inside instead of having to walk outside to get to business center, fitness center and eattng area but that was probably the only downside.

The breakfast is fresh and has something for everyone. The carriage house is clean and inviting. The workout facility has quality treadmills (I was usually the only one using them).

The location is perfect if you have business in the Albany area, we were very happy with that.

Thanks for a nice stay! When in the area I will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great location. Close to the Airport and all the major areas in Albany. Clean and newer rooms were nice as well. Very comfortable beds. I am not easy to please on that.

Free breakfast in morning. Not a bad place to lay your head for a night.Will return again as it works perfectly for me.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DerekPower
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!