“How was this not noticed ?”

Days Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed June 3, 2013

1  Thank Thomas V

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Breakfast menu needs some meat (ham, bacon or sausage.
it would have been nice to have a morning paper.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I don't usually fill these out even though I always read other peoples reviews on a place. Our room was very disappointing. We were only staying one night and I did not expect a mansion but there were things just missing. It was supposed to have 2 queen beds and it had one queen and one full on a queen box spring/frame. There was no toilet paper roll, so toilet paper had to sit on the sink. There were on sheer curtains on the windows, no drapes so the street lights outside glared in all night. Thank god we were on the second floor or everyone would be able to see in. There was no rod or hangers for the closet area so our coats had no where to go. The outlets were also old so the lights didn't come on at first so we had to look for the plug and try to get it to stay in ... very lose so kept falling out. The bathroom faucet was lose so spun around... We couldn't get it adjusted for cold at all so we took a scalding hot shower by ducking in and out from under the shower head. It was just poor quality. We decided to stay in the area another night and booked a different hotel because we were unhappy

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is my first visit to a Days Inn. I found the general apearance of this property, the location and the price very attractive. I registered and went to my room. The weather was unusually warm and the room had to be 90 degrees. I turned on the A/C only to find that the high setting was vlowing very little air. I sat at the desk to work on my computer and the office chair broke. I called for a replacement which was delivered to me. The attendant indicated that the A/C was defintley not working properly and suggested I take another room, which I did. The new room had a great A/C and office chair. Although the room had been cleaned, I opened the refrigerator to find 2 large containers of food that the previous occupant had left there. Later, I found the toilet did not work properly and would not refill without jiggling the float in the tank. Also, there was a toilet paper holder without the piece that holds the paper, so the rolls were on the counter. There was also loud yelling in the room next door fromm 3 AM to about 4 AM. I did not call as I did not want to upset anyone. I think this property needs to pay attention to minor details by improving communications as to little things that require the staff's attention. Either the desk is not capturing the problems in the rooms or the staff is overlooking details that affect future customers, or both.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Joe C, Manager at Days Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about out property. I am happy to know that the staff was quick to accommodate you with a new room, but am also disappointed to learn that your new room had these issues. It certainly sounds like better communication among our departments could avoid situations like this in the future and we will be sure to address this with our staff. In light of learning this, we are in the midst of evaluating our Preventative Maintenance Program and will be re-engineering it to be certain that these seemingly minor details are not overlooked. I invite you to contact me personally at the hotel to further discuss your experience and, again, apologize for the inconveniences.

Best Regards,

A Wyndham traveler
Saint Petersburg
Reviewed May 19, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Joe C, Manager at Days Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great location. Clean room. Comfortable bed and pillows. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

1  Thank Paul E

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We looking forward to hosting you again in the future!

Regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I spent a single night here before moving to another hotel downtown. My window was on the first floor and looked out into the parking lot and the curtains wouldn't close so I was exposed the whole night. There was a fine layer of dust on everything except the bed and an odd humidity. While I'm not saying I would've preferred to stay in my car, I will say this was probably the worst hotel room I've stayed in, especially for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Joe C, Manager at Days Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our property. I invite you to contact me personally at the hotel by telephone to (518) 783-1900 to further discuss the details of your stay. I will be certain to discuss this with our Housekeeping department, as well. We value your feedback and hope you'll give us a chance to raise your expectations of the Days Inn Albany Airport.

Joe Cilione

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham

Been to Days Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!