“Amazing Buffett”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Niskayuna, New York
“Amazing Buffett”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We love Indian and this buffet is far better than most and offers many more selections to try . You have to give them a try. One is Latham and Saratoga !

Visited September 2012
1 Thank IBJosey

Hudson, New York
“Great luncheon buffet”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The last time I was at the Karavalli was back in the spring for dinner. I left, convinced this was the best Indian restarurant in the area. A few days ago II was in Latham about noon, and decided to try the Karavalli's luncheon buffet. I've been to other Indian buffets the region, some quite decent, and I can say that Karavalli's is definitely the best. They had about a dozen main dishes (two kinds of rice, four vegetarian items, and six offerings of chicken, lamb, and goat), and every one I tried was first rate (passed on the goat). One dish that especially impressed me consisted of chunks of chicken rolled in spices and then grilled. At other establishments the chicken was usually tough and dry. Here it was moist and tender. Bingo! My favorite dish of all was eggplant in a tomato cream sauce.....wonderful blend of flavors. I didn't really need dessert, but I decided to try the two they offered out of curiosity. One was an Indian version of rice pudding, which was pleasant, but not remarkable. The other was grated carrots sweetened with honey or sugar and cooked with some pleasant spices like cinnamon. Simple, but very tasty. I really enjoyed my lunch at this place and hope I have a chance to repeat the experience in the near future.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Beeper99_12
Falmouth, Maine
“Excellent choice, food and especially service”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I've been to Indian restaurants all over the world and this was one of the finest experiences I've had. There was a huge choice of dishes, many of which I'd never heard of before. They tasted wonderful. The service was spectacular. I wish I lived closer to them but I don't so maybe we'll only be able to go once every couple of years!

One previous complained about the prices and on the menu they seemed $1 or $2 more than I'm used to paying but I thought the portions were bigger than normal. We ended up taking a lot home.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TravelerRob
Hudson, New York
“Something different”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Strange location and atmosphere. Not tremendously friendly. The food shines above all else! Nice and spicy, not gloppy, well worth the excursion.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank LJ S
“Good indian”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Good service, excellent food. Very spicy. All meals were a pure delight, spices and hotness levels were just as ordered. However we didn't like the Phaal dish, I guess it must be a taste issue more than the food itself not being good.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank homezgr8t

Been to Karavalli? Share your experiences!