“Nice, clean hotel w/ ez on /off to highway”

Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Latham
new jersey
“Nice, clean hotel w/ ez on /off to highway”
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We stayed here on a business trip . I was worried after reading some of these reviews, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how great the place was. We stayed in the main building(rm 110) Pleasant staff; nice , clean , big room w/ frig and micro, updated bathroom, comfortable beds, plenty of pillows and towels ; great continental breakfast w/ plenty of choices(waffle maker, omelets, fruit, yogurt, bagels, muffins etc) quick check in I have no complaints only compliments .

• Liked — convenience to highway
  • Disliked — no restaurant on premise
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Our stay at the Quality Inn in Latham had to rank as one of the worst experiences I have had at any hotel. The room seemed nice enough, good size and fairly clean. Then, one by one, problems began. First, one of the lights in the room was not working. Then we looked for a phone directory which could not be found. No Bible in the room either, probably taken by the same low life that stole the directory. Electronic card keys were a major problem during our two night stay. Time and time again they would not work. Our room had a door which led to an adjoining room (which also had a door on the other side). You could hear the people in the other room almost as if they were in your own room. This included extracurricular activities in bed during the evening as well as a radio alarm being left on at 7am to 8:30am when housekeeping finally shut it off. Speaking of housekeeping, one bed was made, the other was not. Used towels were removed, but not replaced. Soap was removed and not replaced. A generally very poor job of housekeeping. I recommend staying at any number of other hotels in the area (and they are numerous). "Quality" accomodations? This was the worst.

• Liked — Personnel were polite and courteous
  • Disliked — Housekeeping and ammenities in room and room keys (not working)
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
BCer from Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2007

I felt that I got a really good deal for the price ($80.00 can) I was
a little worried when I went in to the lobby and it smelt of smoke. The hallways also smelt of smoke, but the rooms were clean. I gave the hotel 4 out of 5 just because of the value I got. The continentel
breakfast was good and had variety (fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, etc.) I stayed here on the way to New York, just over night and was pleased overall. Good shower pressure, all the little details like hair dryer and coffee maker, and the beds were ok a little too hard and springy. Anyway, I would recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for a cheap quick place to stay.

Stayed April 2007
New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2007

This was a Priceline stay. We booked two rooms for my 2 sons and my husband and I. I tried to request two double beds for the boys. I was told that, even though they had such rooms available, I would be charged an exttra $20. We decided to stick with the king size beds, since it was only one night.
While I was checking in, a guy who looked as if he hadn't had a bath in a few days and smelled of alcohol was asking for help with a room but wasn't sure of the number. He later almost ran us over going at high speed in his car.
The hotel has a main wing and several side wings. We were in one of the side wings which is more akin to an old style motel than a modern motor inn. Rooms are whitewashed and smell heavily of disinfectant. They are large and they do have a fridge and a microwave. In the entrance was a space heater which was scary since it ran all night - fire hazard? The entrances were not secured in any way. I would not have felt safe as a woman alone in this building. Bedding was stained. Bathtub was dirty.
This is not the worst place I've ever stayed, but I would avoid it if at all possible in the future.

• Liked — Price was reasonable; room was large.
  • Disliked — Lack of security; disinfectant smell in room; dowdiness of hotel.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Maine
Reviewed January 31, 2007

We spent two nights here, and it wasn't the most depressing place I've ever stayed, but it comes close. Though the staff was friendly, the room was rough, barely clean, and had the worst heating system I've ever encountered. The fridge froze everything before I realized it, the sheets were miserable, the breakfast was stale bagels and fruit cups that were months expired. (My girlfriend oddly overheard the staff talking the next morning: "Hey, that guy was right about the fruit cups, what should we do?" "Nevermind, no one else will notice.") That about says it all.

• Stayed February 2007
1 Thank Marshallx
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 29, 2005

Our family stayed at the Clarion 5 nights. The room was very clean and smelled good. We were in the main building which is kept very clean. There is an exercise room, fountain and an outdoor pool that my children loved. The free breakfast was incredible and included egg omeletes and a make your own waffle machine as well as many, many other choices. The staff was helpful and friendly, providing extra supplies and towels when needed. The hotel is within walking distance to Target, Applebee's Restaurant, Bennigan's Rest., Ruby Tuesday, a chinese Restaurant and a fairly new restaurant, Carrabba's (Gourmet Italian - excellent food!). The only restaurant which we found lacking was Bennigan's (cold & old food). I don't know if the Clarion's second building is as nice as the Main building and pulling into the parking lot was a little difficult due to extremely heavy traffic, but over all the stay was excellent and we will definately stay there again next time.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
Montreal
Reviewed July 11, 2005

We stayed one night recently just before flying out from Albany Airport. We booked through Hotwire at a rate of $85/night. The hotel has an odd layout with a main building and two motel-type structures across the car park. We were in one of the outlying buildings. The room was quite spacious, if a bit grubby in appearance. The bathroom was a in need of redecoration but at least it was clean and functional. The sound-proofing between rooms was poor and we could almost hear the TV programs from next door. The outdoor pool was a bonus for the hot weather and was clean and in good condition. The complimentary continental breakfast was quite comprehensive as these things go. I wouldn't fancy spending a week here but for a quick overnight stop it's alright. There seems to be no shortage of hotels in the airport area so it might be better to shop around first.

• Stayed June 2005