“Wayne, the maintenance man was the only positive attribute to this hotel!”

Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We came to Latham with a large group of friends for a sporting event. Rooms had a weird odor... musty and smoky ( even though they were non smoking rooms). We had trouble with doors locking, tv remotes working and some of our guests had very dirty rooms. The only positive attribute to this hotel was the head maintenance man Wayne. He was very nice, accomodating and fixed everything we asked, or at least he tried. He even moved us to a new room when our room couldn't be repaired. The only flaw was he moved us to a jacuzzi room (where the jacuzzi didn't work). Surprise, Surprise. Wouldn't stay there again, but would hire Wayne if I owed a hotel..Man needs a raise!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bball40

Reviewed July 18, 2010

If you have absolutely NO sense of smell you might do ok here. But it makes me angry when a room that has been smoked in for 20 years, a sticker is put next to the door now calling it a non-smoking room, and that is considered ok! And when you ask for a non-smoking room--because maybe you hate the smell and maybe because it bothers your asthma or something--you are told that if you smoke in the room there will be a $250 cleaning fee charged! WTH?! First room in the "drive up" wing (500&600 motel-looking rooms) smelled really musty, turned the fan ac on and almost threw up over the smell now blowing in my face. Got another room in the indoor hall wing (300-400 bldg) it smelled nice at first, but the bed, pillows, blankets all smell like an ashtray and stinky sweat socks combination. It is just nasty all around and I'd recommend sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Gprgrl
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Front desk agent, Tara, needs to learn customer service skills, her male trainee was tops though! First room we were put in looked like a one hour hooker room. Second room, a suite, was gross. Dirty pillow, hadn't been dusted in a month, mold and filth on shower curtain which stunk to high heavens! Bath tub, you could scrape the mold and filth off with a fingernail, I took a swim in the pool to feel clean. As an exec. housekeeping manager at another hotel I would be kicking some butt with the housekeeper's, but I think you ought to start with the GM. Nasty hotel! Didn't even eat the breakfast, didn't dare after the filthy room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sraestevens
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed 1 night here before we continue our trip to Niagara..It was a good value. The room is quite spacious, there's a fridge too but really don't like the ambiance the first time we come in. It's outdated, old, smelly..the air con is almost broken and so dusty, and it has very little choices of TV channels. The breakfast is so-so but the location is OK on the other hand (near restaurant like Ruby Tuesday, Dunkin Donuts or dept store like Target).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank pollarstar
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This place was a total mess. The room was disgusting. There was dust everywhere. The furniture was stained. The locks didn't work very well. The security locks on the outside doors were not working. The room had a really bad mold smell. I didn't get several channels on my tv that I should've gotten. The tub was clogged. This room wasn't worth $10. They should be paying people to stay here it is so bad! I had stayed here a few years back and let me tell you, they really let this place go. Don't even get me started on the moldy breakfast items.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tarkona
Reviewed March 15, 2010

After seeing the hotel in person, cancelled by reservation booked @ The La Quinta about a mile away. Paid the same price except La Quinta was spotless. I was very happy I switched hotels.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lmrl39
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel a lot in many different room. I tend to prefer the suites however. The rooms are comfortable, roomy and I always sleeps good here. I like the soft pillows and the sleeper sofas in the suites( for kids). They also put on a nice hot breakfast daily.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family