We stayed from mid-May to mid June. I can only say that we consistently had to chase the housekeeping staff down to ask if they would come vacuum our room, change the sheets or towels. Since we were a long-term rental, we even told the office that every 3rd day on towels would be ok, but even then, most days housekeeping avoided us like the plague.
Steve, who worked the front desk several evenings, told me one time that I was lucky to even have a room, and that I should just be quiet, go back to my room, and understand that they were busy and had done us a favor by letting us stay there. This was because I'd come down 4 times in the first 2 weeks to ask if the maintenance staff was going to come by and fix the jacuzzi. Of course, we were paying a huge amount of money for a "premium" 2 room suite, jacuzzi included. Extra for our son and dog.
Eventually, the housekeeping staff got mad because I'd go to the office and request service (when I got home at 5 PM) if they'd missed a day. After getting caught at this a few times, they told the manager that they were getting flea bites and refused to go in the room. She called the exterminator, who came in and said that there were no fleas. The next time, she asked us to leave... When pressed, she said that even though the exterminator said there were NO FLEAS, and still sprayed, she was going to side with the 2 housekeepers. I asked a few more questions... turns out that the housekeepers had "some kind of mark" on their next - but everyone knows that fleas can't jump 5 foot high. And oh yeah, the white sock test from the exterminator didn't count, because her housekeepers would never lie.
After 4 weeks, the outside pool still wasn't open because the maintenance staff couldn't determine the cause of a small leak for the first 2 weeks, then couldn't balance the chemicals during the next 2 weeks we were there. I think this cost us $129 per day (but I could be wrong), plus $90 a week for the dog.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 132 room Hotel suited for both business travelers and families. Located at exit 6 off of 87 conveniently accessible to all locations in the Capital Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Albany Airport
- Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport Hotel Latham
- Quality Inn Albany Airport
- Quality Inn Latham
- Latham Quality Inn