La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$102
$63
$98
$95
Agoda.com
All reviewspool and hot tubhard boiled eggsworkout roomcontinental breakfastwafflesthe breakfast areabusiness centermicrowave and refrigeratorwould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffnew yorkclean roomswe've stayedalbany airportwaffle makerfirst floornice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2011

This hotel is 5 minutes from the Albany airport. There are very few parking spaces which can be frustrating. The service is good, friendly. The free continental breakfast was average and the breakfast area was clean. The room was clean but minimal. The bed was small, and the heater fan was loud. Location is good because it is close to the highway, malls and shopping.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leaoverde
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We picked the LQ in Albany for a single night while we were travelling through the area. Based on previous reviews and an acceptable price we decided to spend the night here.
As with any hotel, lobby and front desk make the first impression. This property has a very nice lobby with some chairs and sofas, a fireplace, the big breakfast area on the other side and the front desk itself. It has decent lighting and looked nice. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and handed us both the Returns-complimentary refreshments (one of the few LQs to do so during our vacation and the only one to hand them to both of us) - speaking of amenities, this hotel was the only one to give us a free USA Today under the door in the morning.
The inside of the hotel looked good, surprisingly long hallways with thick carpets, a pool and fitness area. Our room was up to LQ standards and included a microwave and refrigerator. It was clean, had good wireless reception, nothing to complain about. Our room was out to the side of the hotel, not facing the road, and we spent a quiet restful night.
In the morning we headed down for breakfast. The area was sufficiently large so we could immediately find a table. The selection was great and someone was checking regularly if anything needed refills. When alerted that the waffle maker was empty, she immediately went to get some and notified us afterwards that she was done. Between selection and her friendly, courteous behavior we felt really comfortable here and enjoyed breakfast a lot.
I can't comment on the location or nearby restaurants as we really only spent the night and then continued on south.
A final word on the price: LQ seems to charge more for all of its newer properties. While I don't like this new price range, I have to admit that the hotels offer really good standards and are very well maintained. Based on our experience we will therefore give this hotel a very good grade - we found no complaints and the price is something we have to accept these days.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aRTie81
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I found this hotel through a special "Seize The Deal" - prepay for a King jacuzzi suite. My daughter and I decided to have a girls shopping getaway. After shopping till dropping at the Lee Prime Outlets in MA, we arrived at the hotel in the early evening. We were warmly greeted at check-in and had a nice conversation with the manager, Gil.
We were on the second floor - huge room. Fridge and microwave, flat screen TV with
many cable channels, sofa and coffee table, desk, large jacuzzi. Everything seemed quite clean (with the exception of the carpet - a few spots), lots of hot water and good shower. We didn't use the pool or workout room, but they looked very nice. Internet connection was great with no password needed.
With reference to the bathroom, a previous reviewer said this :
"The shower curtain was strangely askew,thrown across the soapdish and the toilet seat was up. I was unimpressed that there was no soap dish on the bathroom counter, one soap and shampoo and an empty body lotion bottle."
Our bathroom was this way also, but I assumed that this is the way housekeeping does it so that you can quickly scan the bathroom and see that everything is indeed clean. Most of the hotels we stay at don't have a soap dish.
This same reviewer said this about the breakfast :
"The next morning's breakfast buffet was a pathetic homage to the carb addicted. There were no hot items, not even the ubiquitous waffle maker. I suppose you can count instant oatmeal and toast and bagels as a hot entree. the remainder consisted of prepackged pastries, yogurt (all the same flavor) and coldhard boiled eggs. Ugh."
I can never understand people who complain about a COMPLIMENTARY breakfast! There are certainly enough choices to satisfy and perhaps the waffle maker wasn't out the day they were there, but it was for our stay - all the way to the right on the counter. And it was very good!
We had one issue, which I called about once we were home and left a voice mail for Gil. I received a return call the same dayl. That is a manager who cares. It was resolved to my satisfaction.
This is a good location with shopping and restaurants nearby. For the price that I paid on this special deal, I have no complaints. The management aims to please. Customer service is a priority.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank october1055
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Its my 3rd stay for the month of December-booked it through priceline...great location, comfortable bed, ok breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mpreynolds
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Early December was the third time in six weeks I have stayed at this hotel. The service is friendly and competent. The staff amenable and intelligent to speak with. The rooms have all been clean and well appointed. The first stay did result in housekeeping ignoring a "do not disturb" sign, which when brought to the attention of staff was addressed. It did not happen again on either other visit.

Specific service of excellent quality was received from Jane, Patrick the Elder and Patrick the Younger on all my visits to the hotel.

The only complaint I have is that the policing of the handicapped parking area is a bit slow. It is done, and done daily, but by the time it is done cars which should not be there remain so placed overnight as most people do not come back out late after having parked for the night. This is a problem for late arriving guests who have legitimate parking concerns requiring handicapped spaces.

One solution would be to both ticket and tow -- not away, but simply to a different part of the parking lot, billing the car owner, of course, the small fee for such a thing (should be possible to do it for thirty-five bucks or so, plus the actual ticket).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business