La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Latham Inn(Latham)
$81
$69
Hotwire.com
All reviewspool and hot tubhard boiled eggsworkout roomcontinental breakfastwafflesthe breakfast areabusiness centermicrowave and refrigeratorwould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffnew yorkclean roomswe've stayedalbany airportwaffle makerfirst floornice stay
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I found this hotel through a special "Seize The Deal" - prepay for a King jacuzzi suite. My daughter and I decided to have a girls shopping getaway. After shopping till dropping at the Lee Prime Outlets in MA, we arrived at the hotel in the early evening. We were warmly greeted at check-in and had a nice conversation with the manager, Gil.
We were on the second floor - huge room. Fridge and microwave, flat screen TV with
many cable channels, sofa and coffee table, desk, large jacuzzi. Everything seemed quite clean (with the exception of the carpet - a few spots), lots of hot water and good shower. We didn't use the pool or workout room, but they looked very nice. Internet connection was great with no password needed.
With reference to the bathroom, a previous reviewer said this :
"The shower curtain was strangely askew,thrown across the soapdish and the toilet seat was up. I was unimpressed that there was no soap dish on the bathroom counter, one soap and shampoo and an empty body lotion bottle."
Our bathroom was this way also, but I assumed that this is the way housekeeping does it so that you can quickly scan the bathroom and see that everything is indeed clean. Most of the hotels we stay at don't have a soap dish.
This same reviewer said this about the breakfast :
"The next morning's breakfast buffet was a pathetic homage to the carb addicted. There were no hot items, not even the ubiquitous waffle maker. I suppose you can count instant oatmeal and toast and bagels as a hot entree. the remainder consisted of prepackged pastries, yogurt (all the same flavor) and coldhard boiled eggs. Ugh."
I can never understand people who complain about a COMPLIMENTARY breakfast! There are certainly enough choices to satisfy and perhaps the waffle maker wasn't out the day they were there, but it was for our stay - all the way to the right on the counter. And it was very good!
We had one issue, which I called about once we were home and left a voice mail for Gil. I received a return call the same dayl. That is a manager who cares. It was resolved to my satisfaction.
This is a good location with shopping and restaurants nearby. For the price that I paid on this special deal, I have no complaints. The management aims to please. Customer service is a priority.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank october1055
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Its my 3rd stay for the month of December-booked it through priceline...great location, comfortable bed, ok breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mpreynolds
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Early December was the third time in six weeks I have stayed at this hotel. The service is friendly and competent. The staff amenable and intelligent to speak with. The rooms have all been clean and well appointed. The first stay did result in housekeeping ignoring a "do not disturb" sign, which when brought to the attention of staff was addressed. It did not happen again on either other visit.

Specific service of excellent quality was received from Jane, Patrick the Elder and Patrick the Younger on all my visits to the hotel.

The only complaint I have is that the policing of the handicapped parking area is a bit slow. It is done, and done daily, but by the time it is done cars which should not be there remain so placed overnight as most people do not come back out late after having parked for the night. This is a problem for late arriving guests who have legitimate parking concerns requiring handicapped spaces.

One solution would be to both ticket and tow -- not away, but simply to a different part of the parking lot, billing the car owner, of course, the small fee for such a thing (should be possible to do it for thirty-five bucks or so, plus the actual ticket).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank RedMtl
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This is my second stay at this particular La Quinta Inn. Convenient to both the Albany Airport and downtown Albany, the inn has a very friendly and pleasant staff. My room had a kindg zized bed, desk, and small uncomfortable sofa. The bed was quite comfortable but unfortunately housekeeping left some cleaning supplies and a dirty rg on the counter in the bathroom. The shower curtain was strangely askew,thrown across the soapdish and the toilet seat was up. I was unimpressed that there was no soap dish on the bathroom counter, one soap and shampoo and an empty body lotion bottle.

That being said, the room did seem to be clean. There isno restaurant on site but there is one within walking distance. The next morning's breakfast buffet was a pathetic homage to the carb addicted. There were no hot items, not even the ubiquitous waffle maker. I suppose you can count instant oatmeal and toast and bagels as a hot entree. the remainder consisted of prepackged pastries, yogurt (all the same flavor) and coldhard boiled eggs. Ugh.

The parking lot is large. and well lit. It would be a good idea to register first and get your keycard if you have alot of luggage. That way you can get through the back door.

The fitness center and pool are located on lthe first floor. Both are decently equipped and clean. The small business center is also on the first floor. Rooms have free wi-fi. Soda and ice machines are located on each floor. Vending machines (ie, those containing the usual junk food, chips, cookies, candy) are on the first floor.

Like most hotel chains, this one also has a rewards card that is worth signing up for if you travel a great deal.

The beds are quite comfortable and you can adjust the heat/cooling. Unfortunately, the noise that disturbed me was not from the outside but from other guests. There were some elephants clomping around above my room throughout the might, disturbing my sleep.

Ihave stayed at this chain in other cities and have not encountered the problems highlighted here. I do recommend it with reservations.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Okay.... this hotel has one of the BEST staffs ever. They are very friendly and helpful and will do anything they can to please you. The hotel is clean and nice. Conveniently located. Fast foods and decent restauants nearby. Safe location. The hotel allows pets. I have stayed here 3-4 nights a week on business for over a year. I have seen dogs only a few times. Never any odor or mess. The air filtration system must be excellent, because you would never know there were any pets there. It doesn't seem like a lot of pets, but, again, I did see a dog now and then. Again, the staff is amazing, I can't say enough about them. A free buffet breakfast is offered daily - juices, bread, bagels, toaster, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereals, coffee, etc. It's adequate. Breakfast area is clean and well maintainted. Small cozy lounge with fireplace and TV. Small business center with 2 computers, internet, and printer. Small gym with treadmill, bike, eleptical... no free weights. Small indoor pool. Very clean always and well maintained.
Okay, so what's the problem? Noise! If you want a quiet stay, this is not the hotel for you. While it is very clean, perfect staff, etc.... the walls are not insulated well and conversations and televisions in the adjacent rooms can be heard easily. If you need quiet at the end of a long work day, you will never get it here, unfortunately. That is the only thing that I find wrong with this hotel. I don't like having to hear someone elses TV or listen to their conversation. Sometimes I got lucky and there was nobody in the rooms next to me. Other times I had to actually have management move my room to a quieter area. And, if you stay here and want some quiet, you must ask for a room on the third floor. If not, you will hear the people above you walking. But worse, since this hotel is a "family hotel" and has people with kids, you will hear the kids running and jumping above you, and it is very annoying.
So, in summary, everything about this hotel is very good and the staff is one of the best I've every seen, the big problem is the noise. If you can handle the noise problem, then I highly recommend this hotel. I would still recommend you try it and ask for a room in a "quiet" area and on the top floor if the noise might be a problem.
My great thanks to the staff there for all their help and concern during my stays.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business