“Great place for the price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport

La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Latham
New York City, New York
“Great place for the price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

Its my 3rd stay for the month of December-booked it through priceline...great location, comfortable bed, ok breakfast!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mpreynolds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

Early December was the third time in six weeks I have stayed at this hotel. The service is friendly and competent. The staff amenable and intelligent to speak with. The rooms have all been clean and well appointed. The first stay did result in housekeeping ignoring a "do not disturb" sign, which when brought to the attention of staff was addressed. It did not happen again on either other visit.

Specific service of excellent quality was received from Jane, Patrick the Elder and Patrick the Younger on all my visits to the hotel.

The only complaint I have is that the policing of the handicapped parking area is a bit slow. It is done, and done daily, but by the time it is done cars which should not be there remain so placed overnight as most people do not come back out late after having parked for the night. This is a problem for late arriving guests who have legitimate parking concerns requiring handicapped spaces.

One solution would be to both ticket and tow -- not away, but simply to a different part of the parking lot, billing the car owner, of course, the small fee for such a thing (should be possible to do it for thirty-five bucks or so, plus the actual ticket).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RedMtl
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

This is my second stay at this particular La Quinta Inn. Convenient to both the Albany Airport and downtown Albany, the inn has a very friendly and pleasant staff. My room had a kindg zized bed, desk, and small uncomfortable sofa. The bed was quite comfortable but unfortunately housekeeping left some cleaning supplies and a dirty rg on the counter in the bathroom. The shower curtain was strangely askew,thrown across the soapdish and the toilet seat was up. I was unimpressed that there was no soap dish on the bathroom counter, one soap and shampoo and an empty body lotion bottle.

That being said, the room did seem to be clean. There isno restaurant on site but there is one within walking distance. The next morning's breakfast buffet was a pathetic homage to the carb addicted. There were no hot items, not even the ubiquitous waffle maker. I suppose you can count instant oatmeal and toast and bagels as a hot entree. the remainder consisted of prepackged pastries, yogurt (all the same flavor) and coldhard boiled eggs. Ugh.

The parking lot is large. and well lit. It would be a good idea to register first and get your keycard if you have alot of luggage. That way you can get through the back door.

The fitness center and pool are located on lthe first floor. Both are decently equipped and clean. The small business center is also on the first floor. Rooms have free wi-fi. Soda and ice machines are located on each floor. Vending machines (ie, those containing the usual junk food, chips, cookies, candy) are on the first floor.

Like most hotel chains, this one also has a rewards card that is worth signing up for if you travel a great deal.

The beds are quite comfortable and you can adjust the heat/cooling. Unfortunately, the noise that disturbed me was not from the outside but from other guests. There were some elephants clomping around above my room throughout the might, disturbing my sleep.

Ihave stayed at this chain in other cities and have not encountered the problems highlighted here. I do recommend it with reservations.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Latham, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

Okay.... this hotel has one of the BEST staffs ever. They are very friendly and helpful and will do anything they can to please you. The hotel is clean and nice. Conveniently located. Fast foods and decent restauants nearby. Safe location. The hotel allows pets. I have stayed here 3-4 nights a week on business for over a year. I have seen dogs only a few times. Never any odor or mess. The air filtration system must be excellent, because you would never know there were any pets there. It doesn't seem like a lot of pets, but, again, I did see a dog now and then. Again, the staff is amazing, I can't say enough about them. A free buffet breakfast is offered daily - juices, bread, bagels, toaster, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereals, coffee, etc. It's adequate. Breakfast area is clean and well maintainted. Small cozy lounge with fireplace and TV. Small business center with 2 computers, internet, and printer. Small gym with treadmill, bike, eleptical... no free weights. Small indoor pool. Very clean always and well maintained.
Okay, so what's the problem? Noise! If you want a quiet stay, this is not the hotel for you. While it is very clean, perfect staff, etc.... the walls are not insulated well and conversations and televisions in the adjacent rooms can be heard easily. If you need quiet at the end of a long work day, you will never get it here, unfortunately. That is the only thing that I find wrong with this hotel. I don't like having to hear someone elses TV or listen to their conversation. Sometimes I got lucky and there was nobody in the rooms next to me. Other times I had to actually have management move my room to a quieter area. And, if you stay here and want some quiet, you must ask for a room on the third floor. If not, you will hear the people above you walking. But worse, since this hotel is a "family hotel" and has people with kids, you will hear the kids running and jumping above you, and it is very annoying.
So, in summary, everything about this hotel is very good and the staff is one of the best I've every seen, the big problem is the noise. If you can handle the noise problem, then I highly recommend this hotel. I would still recommend you try it and ask for a room in a "quiet" area and on the top floor if the noise might be a problem.
My great thanks to the staff there for all their help and concern during my stays.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RoccoRock
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

Basically, the hotel is excellent. Everything we except from the La Quinta chain of hotels.
My only problem was with the pillows. They weren't good. They had bumps and holes. The problem was not with a single pillow. I tried to switch to another pillow and the results were the same. It affected my sleep, and I didn't get much sleep that night.

Given that the ability to get a good night sleep is one of the most important things we seek in a hotel, I cannot recommend staying at this hotel. When i got back to the area, I slept in another hotel at Latham, the Clarion, which is very good and has comfortable beds.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Cosmosis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed at this property once before this past summer and was satisfied so booked again as we knew we would be returning to Albany in October. While checking in I noticed a small discrepancy in the rate I was being charged and the rate I had booked at in August. Foolishly, I hadn't brought my confirmation with me but the individual checking me in was very accomodating and was able to adjust the rate.
I had a king room and it was very clean and a good size. The furniture was in excellent shape. Also, the bathroom was very clean and that is a biggie for me. Nothing I hate more than to find stray hairs in the tub and floor that don't belong to me or my family!
The hotel serves continental breakfast and I thought that it was more than adequate - make your own waffles, cereals, bagels, toast, microwave breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, hot chocolate and donuts (to the best of my recollection). The breakfast area was kept very clean.
The hotel is in Latham but it easily accessible to Albany and closs to major roads.. Next door to the hotel is bar and grill type restaurant and down the road are some stores (Bon Ton, Marshalls and a few others) and some more restaurants.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stayed here with my Wife and 17 month old child while on business in Albany. We needed a larg two bedroom suite and most of the usual hotels ... Hampton etc ... were just junior suites. The suite was very large and well equiped. Although no kitcen to speak of. The hotel was new enough but not very good location. Latham which is some way out of Albany. That said there is a cracking Indian restaurant called Karavali nearby. The bed was pretty hard and not that comfy. Just the usual sheet and very thin blanket. Pillows wee OK. Overall all this hotel suited us fine. All we needed was a big two bedroom suite where we could stay with Son, that is modern, clean and safe. Breakfast was good enough.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!