“Clean. Friendly staff!”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Latham
A TripAdvisor Member
LaGrangeville, New York
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Hotel and room very clean. Front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staff very friendly.
One bed had a bit of a dip in it but staying only one night we did not complain. Our second time staying here and we will return. Overall, 9.5 out of 10.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Our entire La Quinta Team, including our Owner, appreciated the guest’s five star TripAdvisor Review and positive comments.

We apologize that the bed was uncomfortable during the guest’s second stay and appreciate their bringing this to our attention. We have alerted our Housekeeping Staff to be on the watch for the “Bed with a Dip”.

Our staff would like to extend their personal thanks for the favorable comments made in their behalf; as it not often a guest makes a point to recognize how our staff made a difference.

We are looking forward to welcoming the guest again during their next trip to our area.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The staff at this La Quinta went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. All were helpful, pleasant welcoming. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable! Nice clean room! A definite value for the money!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

E-mailed the guest the following:

Our entire La Quinta Team, including our Owner, appreciated your five star TripAdvisor Review and positive comments. We were most pleased to see that our hotel and the value met your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to our area.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I recently had to take a business trip to the Albany area. I chose the La Quinta, Latham ( Albany Airport) for my stay. I had luck a few weeks earlier at an LQ in Somerset , NJ, so decided to give this hotel a shot. The hotel is located in a great area with easy on and off highway access. The outside of the hotel appeared clean and well kept.

After a long day of traveling and meetings, I was greeted by Rochelle. She was the perfect host as she was friendly, bubbly, but also very professional. Being tired, she assisted me on area delivery restuarants and was very helpful.

The rooms were clean and modern. The WiFi worked well to allow me to work and there were no area of concern. About 45 minutes after check in I received a call from Rochelle to check up on me to ensure my there were no issues.

The bedding was new and I slept well. Being only 3 1/2 hours from my home I wanted to get up early and start heading back. The hotel had a morning continental breakfast. It was typical hotel fare breakfast but the area was clean and the food was enough to get me on my way. All in all my stay was enjoyable.

I returned home a few hours later and realized I forgot my computer laptop plug. I made a quick call to the LQ and spoke with Patrick at the front desk. He mentioned he would contact housekeeping and get back to me within an hour if they found anything. He called me back in less than 5 minutes, informed me he had my cord and would be happy to send it back to me. ( Which they did).

This hotel is a solid hotel. (3 Star) . It is priced well, clean and you can't go wrong. What makes this hotel very good is they actually do practice customer service and if business is to take me back to Albany you can be assured I would stay at this LQ.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

E-mailed the guest the following:

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. Your four stars and positive comments were welcomed by our entire staff, including our owner.

Rochelle extends her sincere thanks for the compliment in her behalf.

We were pleased to read that you would stay at our hotel again if you get back to the Latham area, and are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I booked a room for the weekend after Thanksgiving at La Quinta Inn Latham Albany Airport specifically for the Park and Fly. We were flying out very early at 7:30am. The plan was to leave the car at the hotel and catch the shuttle to the airport, and then stay over at the end of our trip, when we were flying in late at 11pm.
I called the hotel the day before our flight to find out what time we needed to arrive to catch the shuttle. I was told to arrive 30 minutes before we needed to be at the airport. But when I arrived prior to 6:00am the next morning with my two daughters, I was told that the shuttle was by reservation only. I was shocked. There was no one there to take us to the airport. Obviously I had spoken to an employee who knew nothing about the shuttle, as no reservation had been mentioned. Seeing my distress, the kind young woman, Mary, at the front desk called a cab that said they would be there in 10 minutes. They never showed. The second cab company she called did show, but by then it was too late.

We missed our flight, which set into motion a ridiculously stressful travel day. We were flying to Houston to board a cruise ship. We missed our pre-arranged Princess transfer from the airport because of the later flight. I ended up spending $65 on a cab ride to get to the ship at exactly at 4pm, just as it was due to depart. All of this stress could have been avoided with a little better information from La Quinta.

You would never know from their website information that this La Quinta does not operate its own shuttle, but contracts with a private shuttle driver who picks up from other various places, too. (His flyer was hanging at the front desk.) This would imply that it is not necessarily a direct shuttle to the airport, as he makes multiple stops. The need for a shuttle reservation should be prominent on their website, in the event that you call and are given misinformation as I was. The other kicker was that there is never shuttle service available after 7pm at night! That is a very limited hours shuttle, at best. With travel being as challenging and time consuming as it is these days, the La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham ALBANY AIRPORT owes its traveling guests a clearer idea of what they are offering.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Sent E-mail below to the guest:

Dear Valued La Quinta Guest,

Regarding the miscommunication with the La Quinta shuttle service, we apologize that the shuttle driver was not at the Front Desk for your 6:00 AM departure to the Airport.

The La Quinta shuttle driver drives for Cocca’s Hotels which owns five other properties in addition to La Quinta. The van driver schedules his service for one destination or pickup at a time and does not make numerous stops. As advertised on lq.com, the free airport shuttle service for La Quinta is available 4:30 am – 7 pm daily. Additional hours are available until 9:00 PM for a nominal fee. Per your distressing / frustrating experience, we will address the issue of clarifying our shuttle service policy on the LQ.com web site and to our Front Desk Staff.

We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to service your lodging requirements.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located to the highways and a quick trip to nearby Troy. Very friendly and helpful staff. Everything you would expect in a medium priced hotel - also a few extras for breakfast: waffles (strawberries & whipped cream too!), bananas, applest, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs as well as the usual bread, cereal, muffins etc. The pool and hot tub were exceptionally clean. USA Today free each day. All in all a great stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Our entire La Quinta Team, including our Owner, appreciated the guest’s five star TripAdvisor Review. We were most pleased to see that our hotel’s Bright Side Breakfast and pool area met the guest’s expectations.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The manager( second in command was great made the stay feel like if we were at home. We got in late , long drive and she greeted us and stated she would leave. Pool open a little extra time so the boys would relax after a 5 hour car drive. The were elated as was I. She was also here in the morning.. The rest if the stay I felt with same person and she was just amazing and helpful. Thank you so much Can't wait to return hopefully same staff is still there

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

We appreciate our guest’s five star TripAdvisor review. We were most pleased to see that our Front Desk Manager, Nickie, was able to accommodate the family during their “Weekend Get-away”. Nickie extends her thanks for the guest’s compliments in her behalf.

Regarding having the “same staff”, we are very fortunate to have a dependable staff with very little turnover. Nickie has been with us for several years. I would attribute our staff’s loyalty to the owner; as he not only appreciates our guests; he also appreciates and respects his La Quinta staff.