“Best hotel in the area”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Best hotel in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Having stayed at numerous hotels in this area (my wife and I travel back and forth from Ohio to Maine many times a year) I have found this establishment head and shoulders the best. The rooms are attractive, well appointed, great beds, quality tv, free wi-fi, quiet, clean, good shower, "free" breakfast in a clean environment. The reservations were as stated and the front desk person was friendly and informative. I prefer staying in a Wolf Road locality due to the numerous restaurants to choose from for dinner but I find the eight minute drive to and from Loudon Rd. to be well worth the enormous savings on a comparable facility on the Wolf Rd. strip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Your five star review and positive comments made our day. My boss (the Owner) is still smiling regarding your comment, “BEST HOTEL IN THE AREA”.

Our staff appreciated your complimentary comments in their behalf and are looking forward to welcoming you during your next trip on the way from Ohio to Maine.

Director - Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
albany, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

The staff was very friendly and service was professional. Breakfast buffet attendant was very good & kept everything clean & refilled all foods promptly. The first day got to enjoy pool & hot tub, but the next day it was out of service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Sent the following to the guest’s TripAdvisor E-mail and the TripAdvisor Response Center:

Thank you for your four star TripAdvisor review pertaining to your recent three day stay at our La Quinta Inn & Suites.

We appreciate your complimenting our staff; and in particular our breakfast attendant. It is not often that a guest makes an effort to recognize how our staff made a difference and met their expectations.

We apologize that it was necessary to take our pool and hot tub out of service during your stay. This was an isolated incident that had to be addressed.

We hope you will stay at our La Quinta the next time you are in the Latham area.

Guest Relations
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is great. The staff are always very courteous and helpful. The hotel is always clean, the breakfast is always so good. I would highly recommend the hotel. It is close to many attractions, the airport and resstaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Our La Quinta Management Team, including our Owner, appreciated the guest’s “FIVE STAR” review.

We wish to thank him/her for taking the time to compliment our hotel and our staff. We were pleased to note that the guest enjoyed the “Bright Side” Continental Breakfast and the convenience of our location

We wish to express our appreciation for the recommendation of our hotel to other travelers.
Glen Head, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here in the first weekend of November 2013 when on a trip to Vermont. It was what I expected in a La Quinta, a good hotel not very spectacular but not very cheap feeling either. The front desk service was friendly, courteous, and professional but on my first night there they mistakenly gave me room keys that did not work but they quickly fixed it. The rooms were in good shape, they were completely made, each single bedroom came with a 24" flatscreen TV, a desk, a couch, and a coffee table, one of the rooms main doors' had a little trouble opening as the carpet was a little high or the bottom of the door needed a little sanding. it was pet friendly which was a big factor in my decision to stay here on my way to Vermont and my dog liked it enough to have me come back to it on my second night of the trip instead of finding a hotel in neighboring Vermont where we'd spent the day trip. Price was over $100 a night with no pet deposits or restrictions on type of dog and I think that's reasonable considering it is near a main city in New York State.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Sent the following E-mail to the guest:

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your positive TripAdvisor review of November 3rd regarding your stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. We were pleased to read that our hotel met your expectations and that you considered our rate a good value.

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our staff and how they made a great impression. I will make sure to share your review with them. I know that the smile on their faces and the satisfaction of a job well done will boost their morale!

Please extend our thanks to your pet for his “insistence” that you return to our La Quinta on your return trip home.

We are looking forward to your next stay with us and promise we will do our very best to make your every visit a comfortable and pleasant visit.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review in behalf of our La Quinta.

Cocca's Hotels / La Quinta Inn & Suites
Plainfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta after a long road trip. After looking at such great reviews I figured it would be our best choice for the night. And WOW it has to be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at! The staff is extremly friendly and even called our room shortly after check in to make sure we were satisfied with everything!! My favorite part I have to say is the beds, they are so comfortable I didnt even want to get out !! Thank you La Quinta for a great stay, we will definitley be back!

• Stayed October 2013
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Sent the following E-mail to the guest:

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your October 31st TripAdvisor review, regarding your recent stay at our La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

Your Five Star rating and positive comments were welcomed by our entire team, including our owner. We were especially pleased that you found the beds comfortable.

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our staff and how they met your expectations. It is not often that a guest takes the time to recognize how our staff made a difference and met their expectations. I will make sure to share your comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you during your next trip to our area.

(518)785-6626, Ext, 174
Norwich, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend trip to Albany. Though it was tricky getting around the traffic circle to get to the front entrance, we quickly discovered an easier rear entrance. The front desk staff was excellent. Rochelle, your boss should give you a raise!! I see she has been mentioned in other reviews, but I can't say enough good things about her. What an awesome first impression she gives. The room was clean, the mattress firm and comfortable. Indoor pool and (small) hot tub were very welcoming. The breakfast area had good variety and was well stocked, even at the end. The shower head was high enough for my tall husband, and actually had great water pressure, which is hard to come by in most motels. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly. Only a couple of downsides: Our bathroom door was sticky; we were right next to the elevator so the loud chime woke us up; the walls are pretty thin so we were awakened by a loud group in the next room. Aside from the sticky door, not much could be done about any of this. Would definitely stay here again. And please, give Rochelle a raise!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
E-mailed the following to the guest:

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your very “positive” Four Star TripAdvisor review of October 28th regarding your stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

I am glad to see that you used the rear entrance during your stay. The road construction should be completed by the end of November.

I apologize that you were inconvenienced by the “sticky” bathroom door. We will have our maintenance staff correct this at once. We appreciate your bringing it to our attention.

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment Rochelle and how she made a great impression. I will make sure to share your review with her. I know that the smile on her face and the satisfaction of a job well done will boost her morale! However, I think I will omit your comment regarding the raise . . only kidding. Our General Manager and Owner agree with you that Rochelle is a valluable asset to our team.

We were pleased to see that our hotel met your expectations and that you will stay with us again. We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to this area.

Cocca's Hotels / La Quinta Inn & Suites
(518) 785-6626, Ext. 174
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!