“Great staff, rooms and breakfast - what's not to like?”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Latham
new london, nh
“Great staff, rooms and breakfast - what's not to like?”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This place rocks! Great friendly staff at checkin, super quiet rooms, and delightful breakfast with waffles, fresh fruit and endless coffee. The pool and fitness room were spotless, inviting, and the front desk staff very helpful. No wonder it's an award winner in LaQuintaland.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roadtriprobot
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Your Five Star October 12th TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport was very much appreciated and a fantastic way to start a week.

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to compliment our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate your positive comments; particularly your comments “What’s not to like” and mentioning that our hotel is a La Quinta Award Winner. I will be sure to share your review with our entire La Quinta team, including our Owner.

We look forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to the Latham area.

518-785-6626, Ext. 174

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vermont
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a 1 night stay as a getaway. This property feels new, with little if any wear. Not a single "off" smell during our stay. The room was quiet & very comfortable, the pool & hot tub super clean and a good temperature. Friendly Front desk staff. Excellent stay!

• Stayed October 2013
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Your Five Star October 7th TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport was very much appreciated.

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to compliment our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate your positive comments; particularly the comments pertaining to our staff. I will be sure to share your review with our entire La Quinta team, including our Owner.

We were pleased to read that our La Quinta exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you when you have your next “One Night Get Away”.

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited Albany on our last stop from a New England road trip. We decided to stay at this La Quinta Inn and glad we made that decision. The desk clerk (Roshell), customer service skills were beyond exceptional. Her smile and kindness lighted the end of tiring day. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was good and location was prefect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2013

October 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Our La Quinta Management Team, including our Owner, was very pleased to read your September 30th FIVE STAR” TripAdvisor review.

Your positive comments re the cleanliness of our hotel, good location and that you enjoyed the Bright Side Continental breakfast were very much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to compliment Rochelle and how she made a great impression. It is not often that a guest makes an effort to recognize how a staff member made a difference. I will make sure to share your review with Rochelle. I know that the smile on her face and the satisfaction of a job well done will boost her morale!

We look forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to our area.

Marilyn Seidner,
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This could be a great hotel, but my experience was not great. It started off on the wrong foot, and my stay (and my review) is based on that start - and everything that followed.

I picked this hotel because I had a coupon book and of all the coupons and all hotels in the area, this was a familiar brand and a fair price - although certainly not the "cheapest," coupon, just the best value.

When I arrived, the front desk clerk would not honor the coupon. She said they have a limited number of rooms at that rate and the rate was unavailable. I was tired from travel, ready to rest and chose this hotel BECAUSE of this coupon. While the coupon company says the hotel can limit the number of rooms, this felt like a bait and switch to me. A very unpleasant feeling. I will not rely on these coupons again. I probably should have left, but I stayed because of the friendliness of the clerk, which brings me to what is good and even outstanding about the hotel.

The front desk staff is VERY friendly and helpful. She did an excellent job of making me feel welcome, wanted, and she gave me a decent rate about $20 more than the coupon. Thank you.

I ended up getting a jacuzzi suite. Not bad. Although I arrived late and had a super-early flight the next morning so I did not have time to use the jacuzzi (not sure I would have anyway - just not my thing). However, someone before me did use it and the carpet was still damp and wet from where water must have overflowed. I did not enjoy walking on mushy, moist carpet near the jacuzzi. I am not sure what the hotel could do other than redesign the setup, but this was one more thing that went wrong.

Finally, I turned on the TV. I could not get it to change the channel. I fiddled with the remote and even worked the buttons on the TV, but could only control the volume. I was forced to watch what was on one channel. I did not call the front desk, it was 11:00 and I was tired. Again, one more thing.

I also asked the front desk if they could look up my La Quinta number. "Our computer is not working and has not been able to connect for a couple days." One more thing. I left without my La Quinta points on my card. (In fairness I did not have my card, but could not imagine the hotel not being able to look up my number for me).

The only other negative, and again, this has to do with design and not the staff or management, the hotel was noisy. The people above me used the shower and it was loud. I could also hear them walk around. Across the hall, the people came in and out a lot, which was also noisy. The doors seemed to slam hard on the piston. I would not stay here if my goal was to get a good night's sleep - which was my sole purpose for coming to this hotel.

Another plus, however, for this hotel was the shuttle service. IT IS EXCELLENT. The driver was early, extra friendly and extremely helpful. Wow. This was a nice, nice and welcome service.

I can see that the owner of this hotel is trying to do a good job, and the people are friendly. However, where it counted just as much, I was disappointed. The room was noisy, the floor was wet, and I paid more than the advertised rate. No matter how friendly the staff is, it is difficult to overcome that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from other occupied rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

October 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

This is in response to your September 28th Trip Advisor Review regarding your recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

I could not determine from your review the date you stayed at our hotel. However, judging from your review and the fact that the room was a King Suite with Jacuzzi, I believe our entire standard king rooms were occupied during the night of your stay. The coupon rate, as stated, was for the “Standard King Room”.

We are having a problem with some of the TV remotes communicating with the DVR’s. Until the cable company can resolve this problem, we have two remotes: one for turning on the TV and the other for the DVR itself. It sounds as if the DVR remote was missing from your room. I sincerely apologize for this issue and regret that you did not contact the Front Desk as they have additional DVR remotes.

Regarding your La Quinta Returns points, I will be glad to add the points to your membership. However, I will need the date of your stay and your name. I can be contacted at 518-785-6626, Ext. 174.

We appreciate your complimenting our staff and the shuttle service driver. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging requirements.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is a bit outside of Albany if that is the primary purpose of your stay. However, the few times we went downtown, it only took about 15-20 minutes even with traffic. There is however a large amount of stores, restaurants, Wal-Mart, and a grocery store, all within a 5 minute drive. Check-in was great. How often can you say that.

As others have mentioned, Rochelle was one of the friendliest, outgoing, and pleasant individuals I have ever encountered at a hotel. I do hope the management rewards her for doing her job so well. The rooms were fine. They were clean, comfortable, modern, and relaxing. Our particular room had a fridge and microwave that were also a nice touch. The wi-fi was also one of the stronger and fast signals I've encountered in my hotel travels.

The hotel breakfast was your typical standard fare. They did not have any hot items which would have been nice but I never demand that of hotel breakfasts. The indoor pool, jacuzzi, and gym were a very nice touch. The pool room though was at the same temperature as the rest of the hotel and as a result of the AC, the unheated pool was too cold too swim in for long. Perhaps the hotel could regulate the temperature more effectively.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Especially for the price we paid $70. I have seen it go as high as $120. If I was forced to pay that much, I'd perhaps lower my rating a bit since that is high for a chain of this caliber. Nonetheless, if you're ok with the price, you will not be sorry staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Sent the following E-Mail to the guest:

September 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your September 20th Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

Your five star rating and positive comments regarding our La Quinta were very much appreciated.

We recently upgraded our wi-fi. I am pleased that the upgrade was effective and noticeable.
Thank you for bringing to our attention that the pool temperature may require adjustment. Pool temperature can be a challenge to regulate as some guests prefer a cool temperature and others prefer an almost too warm temperature.

We appreciate your taking the time to compliment Rochelle and how she made a great impression. I will make sure to share your comments with Rochelle. Our General Manager, Front Desk Manager and Owner are forwarded all surveys and are aware of what a great asset Rochelle is to our La Quinta Team. Copies of reviews, such as yours, are added to our employees’ personnel files.

We are looking forward to your next stay at our La Quinta.

La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport
Director – Guest Relations – Operations
Lakeville, Indiana
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed one night at this nice hotel because they are pet friendly. The desk clerk was friendly and efficient on check in. They totally honored my wishes for a quiet room. The room, common areas and lobby were all very clean and fresh. Beds were comfortable and in room coffee was good as was the ample breakfast. The pool and small hot tub looked nice and clean although we did not use them. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl W
Sent the following E-mail to our guest:

September 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your very “Positive” September 19th Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at La Quihta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. Our Marketing Department could not have done better.

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to compliment our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate your comments and are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. We know travelers have a lot of choices and we are thankful for your patronage.

We were pleased with your comments that you would “highly recommend and stay at our hotel again”.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our La Quinta! Perhaps, you will have an opportunity to enjoy our indoor swimming pool and whirlpool during your next stay.

Sincerely
La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport
Director – Guest Relations – Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport
Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!