La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Latham Inn(Latham)
$81
$69
Hotwire.com
All reviewspool and hot tubhard boiled eggsworkout roomcontinental breakfastwafflesthe breakfast areabusiness centermicrowave and refrigeratorwould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffnew yorkclean roomswe've stayedalbany airportwaffle makerfirst floornice stay
Reviewed May 13, 2013

As someone who travels for a living I am quite familiar with many hotel brands. I always endeavor to stay at La Quinta because the rewards program is one of the better ones and a majority of the properties are pretty decent. Thos property however is probably in the top 5 La Quinta's I have stayed in. Front desk staff was exceptionally sweet and pleasant during the check in process. The rooms were modern and clean and comfortable. We have stayed here before and will definitely be back. Excellent location

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jj5683
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Sent the following E-Mail to the guest:

Dear Craig:

Thank you for your May 13h TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

Your very favorable review was welcomed by our entire team. We all smiled when we read the word . . . "AWESOME".

(1) Our owner extends his appreciation for your five star rating and positive comments about our hotel, staff and location.

(2) Our Front Desk staff extends their thanks for your compliments in their behalf.

We were all pleased to read that you will stay at our La Quinta during your next trip to the Capital District Area and look forward to welcoming you again. We will do our very best to make your stays with us as enjoyable as the last.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I must say our first night was quite pleasant. The hotel is clean and the staff overall are very helpful, polite and accomodating. Unfortunately, when faced with customers who are not, the hotels response was unacceptable. There was a wedding party across the hall from us and I get that people party and get a bit roudy. But these people were shouting at the top of their drunken lungs and banging on doors up and down the hall from 1:30am and on. By @4am I think it began to quiet down. In the morning I was having a cup of coffee when the woman setting up breakfast was speaking to an elderly man about a wedding party getting there that previous evening. I mentioned how rude and loud they were and the elderly man made a comment to her, not me, that when people stay at a hotel they have to expect it won't be like home. I would think the same would apply to the party...conduct your selves in a more socially acceptable behavior. Needless to say I was surprised to see the same elderly man behind the desk a short time later. Really...if management condones out of control people, then expect more dissastified customers. We originally planned to stay here again in the future...I think that will not happen now.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen M
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Apologized to the guest per the following E-mail:

Dear Eileen,

Regarding your May 12th TripAdvisor review, we apologize for the disturbance you experienced during your recent stay.

I assure you that we do not condone out of control people, who are disturbing our other guests. I could not ascertain from your review if you had called the Front Desk. Usually, a call from the Front Desk alleviates the noise issue.

We sincerely hope you will reconsider your opinion of our hotel and stay with us the next time you are in the Capital District area.

Marilyn Seidner
Director - Guest Relations

Reviewed April 28, 2013

A number of my family stayed here for a wake and funeral of a dear relative. We found all staff to be accomodating in a difficult time for all of us. The place clean and enjoyable. Definitely will stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Shaina7
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Sent the following E-mail to the guest:

Dear Shaina7:

Thank you for your April 28th TripAdvisor review regarding La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

Your very favorable review was welcomed by our entire team.

(1) Our owner extends his appreciation for your four star rating and positive comments about our hotel and staff.

(2) Our entire staff extends their thanks for your compliment in their behalf.

(3) We were all pleased to read that you will stay at our La Quinta during your next trip to the Capital District Area and look forward to welcoming you again.

Marilyn Seidner
Director – Guest Relations
518-785-6626, Ext. 174
mar@coccas.com

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for one night when the national media was talking about the Boston Marathon tragedy. We were having breakfast when we overheard the man (elderly or elderly looking) that was working at the front desk trashing the President with another equally elderly male coworker of his about the Boston Marathon tragedy using words like, "He is the worst president I have ever known" and "He is one of THEM!" which were appalling and alarming to me and my wife. We own our own business and if we catch or hear a complaint about our staff being politicial while on the clock, they are out and gone on the spot! We would rather lose one or two ignorant staff than hear complaints from our customers and consequently lose a lot of them.

Our room was well prepared and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was adequate. We were about ready to give at least 4 stars until we heard such ugly and public comments by your ill-trained or simply ignorant staff. We must say that when we checked in, we were nicely greeted by your young and super friendly female receptionist. Maybe this is a good clue for you, guys! Hire young folks who appreciate their jobs rather than old veterans who think they are entitled while, at the same time, blame the world for their self inflicted unhappiness! A thorough mental check always helps, too. Good luck!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

4/16/13 Albany, NY. I enjoyed my first stay at this hotel (and definitely not last because it is one of my companies chosen hotels for its employees). I was given a quiet room and complimentary breakfast was satisifying. At around 8 pm, my coworkers and I were greeted by a super friendly young female receptionist. We were tired after a long day of flying but she really cheered us up.

The next morning I went to the lobby for breakfast around 7 am. I said, good morning, to a couple of hotel guests at the breakfast area but nobody even cared to greet me back. Oh well...I guess the food on the counters were more appealing to them than this handsome and naturally tanned American dude. :-)

What alerted me about this hotel was the two staff that I had caught trashing the president at the reception area. I personally could care less about a person's politics but being political at a work place exposed to paying customers is not only unprofessional but ignorantly rude! If I were to do that at work, I would surely be fired right away regardless how well I did with my job!

I hope the management of this cozy hotel will take action on these two elderly guys (not women) who behaved inappropriately while on the clock. Having in business myself for many years, I know that it takes a village to build up a good and respectable business but it only takes one or two rotten apples to ruin it. I have stayed at numerous hotels because of work and business and I have never been this unimpressed with a hotel staff until today.

I am giving "average" because of these two rotten apples. Had I not caught their ignorance and lack of respect for their customer service positions, I would have given "excellent" because the evening female receptionist and the breakfast service lady were excellent and hospitable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business