“Would Choose Again”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Binghamton, NY
“Would Choose Again”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Chose the La Quinta as a last minute overnight stop on a business trip due to its price and location close to I87. While the hotel was close to I87, it was a little difficult to navigate to, particularly with the roundabout. Checked in late and the desk attendent was fantastic. Very pleasant and conversational. She recommended a restaurant next to the hotel for dinner. It was a little loud, so maybe not ideal for all crowds, but I enjoyed my food and it was a good choice for food near the hotel. The bed was comfortable and the room well laid out with a nice TV selection. WiFi was fast and easy to access. Went out for breakfast, but the continental selection did seem to have a ton of variety. All in all, a nice, no frills, spot for a quick nights stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed December 22, 2011

i had a wedding to attend in the Albany area and since I live in NYC/LI I chose to stay for the night. I chose this hotel because of its location [its not hard to find at all, jst one side of the street so you may u-turn once but no biggie!] Great staff! good Clean Room! Quiet after along night , unfortunately i never made it to breakfast so I cannot comment,
all in all - i recommend staying here

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 22, 2011

While travelling west we picked the Albany area for a night's rest. We found the La Quinta in Latham, NY to be not just pet friendly but very people friendly. The hotel is new, clean,
well appointed and staffed by some of the most friendly and helpful people we have encountered in our travels. If you're in the area for business or just travelling through it would be worth your while to stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
VA
Reviewed November 6, 2011

The hotel itself was clean and had a great breakfast, but the reason I had to give them an excellent rating was because of the staff. They were fantastic!! We were in town for a wedding and had a medical emergency happen with a family member where they ended up needing to be taken to the hospital. Not only did the staff facilitate and easy transport for our family member and direct us on how to get to the hospital, they held our rooms for us (it was the day we were supposed to check out) free of charge until we knew what we were going to be doing. They were so supportive and caring it made an extremely stressful situation less stressful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to be staying in the area.

Also, their pets stay free policy is fantastic and there is plenty of room to walk a dog!! The staff asked if I would prefer a first floor room because I had my dog with me, very thoughtful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Great location for getting to the airport, but will probably try another one next time. There was a problem with loud banging noise in the walls/plumbing. They had to move us, but still the banging was a problem - they said it couldn't be fixed until morning. Oh well, they were VERY nice about moving us. I loved the tile work in the bathroom & even took a picture of it for my remodel project. We love non-smoking hotels - thanks.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We have stayed here several times while visiting our son at RPI and until now, have been pleased with the accommodations. As a treat for my wife I book a luxury suite. I shouldn't have bothered. The jacuzzi did not work properly. The carpeting was stained and torn. The furniture in the living area was worn and dirty. The "lowlight" of our stay were the ants that greeted us in the AM upon entering the bathroom. I doubt we'll be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Two friends and I stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding about 30 miles north, and it totally surpassed my expectations. Everything from the room to the dining area to the lobby was very clean and comfortable. The business center was very convenient for printing out our boarding passes, and the shuttle service was excellent. I arranged a time that was convenient for my flight, and the driver was punctual and ready to go, even though I was the only person who had arranged a shuttle for that time. It was like a private car service, but free.

The front desk workers were all friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport
Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!