“Wow seems to be going downhill”

Kimberley's A Day Spa Ltd.
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Latham
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1987, Kimberley's has grown because of talented staff and loyal clients. Our clients have voted us "Best Spa/Salon" for the past 16 plus years in the Best of Times Union Poll, and top Spa in Capital Region Living Magazine and the Troy Record. FACIALS - MASSAGE - HAIR - NAILS - FOR WOMEN & MEN
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed December 18, 2013

You would think that with all the spas and service places popping up all over the area, that they would step up their game.
I was very disappointed about some things.
First ladies room lock on the door broken, which was broken last time I was there and hooks loose in ladies room. I would think a very easy fix. Two chairs in pedicure area not working.
One service i was getting was eyebrows, first thing I noticed, the stains on the sheet on the bed.
Also two workers talking about business being slow. Not what your customers want to hear.
I think their lack of care on the facility and comments from employees made me feel like this was not a place i want to return to. I was going to get a few holiday gift certificates and decided against it. I will get them elsewhere.

5  Thank DBOUCH

Reviewed June 5, 2013

For the prices they charge, you would think that you would be provided personal, professional service?. Not so; Walking into such a grand environment, you would think that the staff would be able to address your needs.....I arrived today to exchange a product that I purchased Monday. The staff member that greeted me was able to get the product that I wanted in exchange, however was not able to do the transaction in the register, nor was the other staff member, both stating that they were new. One of them went to get a staff that they said could complete the transaction,, if I was willing to wait, as she was dealing with another customer, who needed to schedule an appointment and apparently was not able to find a convenient time. It appeared that the staff member , she was to meet with for a service was not available and the appointment needed to be rescheduled. I waited a reasonable amount of time and the one staff that could help me was still busy. I asked and there was no one else in the building that could complete this transaction. I left and now am stuck with a product
cannot use. I will never return to Kimberly's as their quality of professional service no longer exists. What business leaves two staff in the first area that a customer comes in contact with, that cannot perform basic transactions without staff supervision ????

5  Thank Mary M
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had been looking forward to a relaxing massage but didn't have the 20+ minutes extra in my day to wait on them. Not even an apology when I went up to the desk to say that my appointment time was already 15 minutes past without a word from them. I explained that I needed to get my daughter off the bus, and the delay would interfere with the timing. This was during the middle of the day on a weekday. I have never experienced anything like it at a spa.

6  Thank Kate K
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Several years ago I used to go to Kimberley's for Manicure & Pedicure Services and I had no complaints. This year my husband wanted to purchase 'Heaven on Earth' for me for Mothers Day, so he went in to make appointment and pay in advance. You see, on their website, they advertise a 20% discount for the Military. Very generous, and we like to patronize businesses that recognize our Military. Shorter story, even though Kimberley's requires a credit card to hold the appointment, they refused to take payment in advance and allow my husband to use his military discount. ( They don't allow discount for gift certificates either). I found this bizarre being that they require a credit card to hold the appointment, and what better way to guarantee the payment of the services than cash in the hand? Regardless, he went ahead to schedule and just like a previous reviewer said, it took TWENTY minutes to schedule 3 services. 'Heaven on Earth' is a package they offer, so I do not understand the confusion and difficulty that caused my husband to wait twenty minutes to schedule it. Seems like a computer program could seamlessly do that. However, based on our experience & of those reviewing, the confusion at the front desk seems to have had an affect on the experience of the spa in general.

3  Thank SisterSledge1