“Excellent!!!!!!”

Tala an American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tala an American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 143 Restaurants in Latham
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tala is a modern American bistro serving Lunch and Dinner Monday thru Saturday and Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Stop in for lunch or dinner or a late night snack. In addition to our menu we feature daily specials and Happy Hour. In the warmer months we have outdoor dining and fire pits on the patio. Stop in or call ahead.
Sutton, Massachusetts
“Excellent!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

my wife an i were visting the area froim Boston for a family wedding (and birthday celebration). This resaurant was a real gem! The menu was perfect. We had the edamame dumplings and curry mussel appetizers. Both were stunning, both in taste and presentation. The wine list was excellent with reasonable prices. For entree's my in-laws both ordered the cedar plank salmon... again presentation and taste were first class. My wife had the scallops and I had the filet with a mushroom sauce and fingerling potato's. Preparation and presentation were supurb. We had a hard tme choosing a desert... ended up with the strawberry rubard crisp...... could have licked the dish is we were not in public! The service was EXCELLENT.... thank you Janelle.... attentive, very knowledgable about the menu (details, details....) great personality.... made a wonderful experience even better. The resaurant had an outdoor seating area with fire pits.... didn't sit ourside, but looked very comfortable and inviting. When we visit the Troy area again, we will surely go back.

• Visited August 2013

Albany, New York
“Great place for happy hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you're looking for some awesome appetizers and an interesting variety of cocktails to enjoy during happy hour, this is the place for you! Tala's flatbreads are baked in a brick oven and are sooooo delicious. Their drink list is creative and plentiful. Our server was polite and knowledgeable, and the owner himself checked in on us to be sure we were satisfied as well. A nice touch. Although my partner and I only went for happy hour, we'd love to go back and try one of their entrees, which all sound incredible. It seems to be a bit pricy for their entrees, based on the serving sizes that we observed in others eating around us, however, their specials during happy hour make it an affordable place to enjoy a bite to eat and a cocktail in a really cool atmosphere. Also, they have wine on tap, which is really neat and actually pretty tasty! The only other place we've seen this is in NYC. Enjoy!!

• Visited July 2013
Albany, ny
“Noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went for lunch and it was quite crowded but we were seated right away. We shared a hamburger with yucca fries which were both excellent. We also had a fig pizza which could also be ordered as a flatbread. It was very good. Service was also good; however I am not sure I will go back there again due to the noise. I could barely hear my lunch partner speak and we were only about 3 feet from each other across the table. The din was louder than anywhere I have been. Everyone was shouting at each other due to the noise level. I am told that they are going to address the noise level. If that occurs I certainly will go back since there were many interesting items on the menu which I would like to try, including a brussel sprout sandwich.

• Visited July 2013
Albany, New York
“Gorgeous patio to watch the sun go down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great patio with long couch seating and fire pits. Inside you will find a gorgeous interior with attentive staff. It is intimate and offers a happy hour. The scallop appetizer and the burgers are great to split if you do not have a large appetite.

• Visited May 2013
NY
“Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Lovely place. Food was quite good. Service was very rushed and waitress was rather rude. Cabernet was ice cold. We love all of Angelo's restaurants and hope that after some experience, the wait staff will improve, because clearly the chefs know what they are doing. Unfortunately the poor service ruined our evening.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Tala an American Bistro? Share your experiences!