“Noisy”

Tala an American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tala an American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 152 Restaurants in Latham
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tala is a modern American bistro serving Lunch and Dinner Monday thru Saturday and Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Stop in for lunch or dinner or a late night snack. In addition to our menu we feature daily specials and Happy Hour. In the warmer months we have outdoor dining and fire pits on the patio. Stop in or call ahead.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went for lunch and it was quite crowded but we were seated right away. We shared a hamburger with yucca fries which were both excellent. We also had a fig pizza which could also be ordered as a flatbread. It was very good. Service was also good; however I am not sure I will go back there again due to the noise. I could barely hear my lunch partner speak and we were only about 3 feet from each other across the table. The din was louder than anywhere I have been. Everyone was shouting at each other due to the noise level. I am told that they are going to address the noise level. If that occurs I certainly will go back since there were many interesting items on the menu which I would like to try, including a brussel sprout sandwich.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great patio with long couch seating and fire pits. Inside you will find a gorgeous interior with attentive staff. It is intimate and offers a happy hour. The scallop appetizer and the burgers are great to split if you do not have a large appetite.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Lovely place. Food was quite good. Service was very rushed and waitress was rather rude. Cabernet was ice cold. We love all of Angelo's restaurants and hope that after some experience, the wait staff will improve, because clearly the chefs know what they are doing. Unfortunately the poor service ruined our evening.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The decor and environment is very "new Urban". Very nicely done ! Small but not
crowded. Bar with happy hour drink and apps worth the trip. This trip we had the dinner menu.
Had brussel sprout side as an app because they are sooo good. Bourbon bacon strips
were the app special and very clever. As always a burger from the Mazzone Group
is terrific. Make certain to try the Yucca fries. Outside patio has no view of anything but
does have a nice couch and fire pit .

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I came here twice. Once for dinner and another time with a friend for drinks and snacks. I was a little disappointed both times. The food is ok. I expected it to be excellent, but it wasn't. It was just ok. The service at the bar was lacking. We used these iPad minis they have at the bar to place an order and found out an hour later that they don't work. Well, maybe they shouldn't be on the table, then, or they, at least, shouldn't have a button that says "place order": Once we ordered from the bartender, the food came out quickly. Our bill charged us a dollar more than the iPad menu showed. We brought this to the attention of the waitress who acted like they did us a favor by reducing the bill by the $2.

Been to Tala an American Bistro? Share your experiences!