“A different Experience”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I can actually say this is my fourth visit to this same location and every time is different. The first time was excellent I would rate it with 4 stars, the second time was a little off... My sausage was cold and I had to send it back. Ok the third time was on track and the servers was on time and on top of our orders because of the large party we had. This last visit was a little annoying because they forgot a few special orders, we had to send things back just unpleasant. I don't like to have to ask for the something that you told me you would be providing when I was ordering my meal. Overall pleasant service but expecting a little more for my money!!!

1  Thank Veronica C

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch last week. Was pleasantly surprised by the menu choices. Had the crab nachos which l liked very much. Had quite a wait despite the restaurant not being busy. Take note - service personnel can't make proper change. Luckily for me they gave me too much money which I had to point out to the manager.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Surprised by some of the less positive reviews on here as we had a great experience on our first visit to Joes! We ordered a steam pot and crab bucket which were delicious- tasty, well seasoned and cooked to perfection. We didn't go hungry! Messiest meal ever but silverware was provided for the less adventurous! We'll definitely be going back!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

It is very tough to get good seafood at an Albany restaurant. After trying Joe's Crab Shack, that is still the case. We ordered a shrimp basket, steak and two lobster tails (fathers day special), side of mashed potatoes, and a kids cheeseburger platter. The shrimp basket was good and spicy (you do have to peel them), which we ate outside while the kids played on the pirate themed playground. When we got back to our table, the food was ready, but there was no silverware, ketchup or enough plates. The steak was pretty awful, really well done and A-1 sauce was necessary to make it edible. The lobster tails were bland and there was no butter with them. I was happy we ordered a side of mashed potatoes (which was small but good) since the wild rice should have been left in the wild. Cost was $56 with a drink. I will give them another shot and stick with more basic food items (but you have to be crazy to actually wait for a table for food like this). Warning to parents: the indoor patio tables are made to accompany all sizes, which means that it is dangerous for toddlers to sit at.

1  Thank KingChris
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My 7 year old grand daughter loves their Mac and Cheese. So off we went to Joes. We sat outside near the playground. (Hot, dusty, traffic noise, and loud music) The Mac and Cheese looked like glue but she liked it. My wife had a fish sandwich which she said was very good. My lobster bisque was thick, without a hint of lobster,and hardly warm. I ordered the calamari which arrived covered with cheese, not a hint of chrispness and served in a pool of oil. (To die from - not to die for)

I have no plans to return, however my grand daughter would love to go back ASAP.