“AMAZING BREAKFAST!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went to The Tailored Tea with a group of 9 this past weekend and it was absolutely tremendous! The restaurant is an old house, so it has an authentic, homey feel. The employees were all amazingly nice - we had 4 kids with us of varying ages from 3-14, and the servers were sweet and patient. To top it off, the food was out of this world. We tried the scones, the omelet, the scones benedict, the stuffed french toast - they were all great. Plus the food was high end for Waffle House prices. I'll definitely be back again and again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked The Tailored Tea for my parents' 50th anniversary celebration, as we envisioned a nice lunch for 15-20 people in a cozy setting. The staff, setting and food were all above and beyond what I could ever have hoped for!

During the booking of the event, I worked closely with Annie (the owner) on all the details - menu, table setup, etc. We worked as a team in the process and narrowed down menu choices to "something for everyone". Annie was wonderful about staying in touch leading up to the event as we tweaked attendance numbers and other details, such as the setup of the tables in the room. She is efficient, friendly and enthusiastic. A very gracious and sweet woman, and super thoughtful. One example: I bought "50 Anniversary" cocktail napkins and asked Annie's thoughts on their use, since she has lovely mismatched linens and china for meal service. Her perfect solution: use the 50th napkins for the cake service. Perfect!

On the day of the event, my aunt and I were met at the door by Christine, who was the server for our event. She led us to the room for our event, reiterated the menu, and offered her assistance. The folks at The Tailored Tea clearly have customer service and professionalism at the forefront...it was a great way to start off the event and made a fantastic impression. I felt like the staff at The Tailored Tea truly cared about our event and were concerned that everyone enjoy themselves, and it really showed in all that they did.

The food was absolutely terrific. We began with mixed scones: chocolate chip for the sweet, and cheddar scallion for the savory. All the accompaniments (jams, clotted cream, etc.) were part of the meal package. These got rave reviews from all of our guests. Our starters were a selection of salad with seasonal fruit and a vinaigrette, or potato and bacon soup. I loved the salad and tasted my husband's soup. Somehow it managed to be hearty and rich without being too heavy. Full of flavor.

Entrees were eggs benedict on scones (tasted great!), chilled salmon on salad with an amazing lemon-mint vinaigrette, and a delicious chicken pot pie - not the traditional, but almost a chicken stew, and topped with a homemade biscuit. Everything was fresh and homemade. Our teas were iced Raspberry Apple Herbal as well as an additional (I believe it was Pomegranate Currant), and the hot teas were Irish Breakfast and Peach Rooibis - all fantastic.

Dessert was our cake, brought in special for the event. The Tailored Tea, it's important to note, did not sell us the cake, nor did they charge a cake cutting fee. But they really shone in their customer service in this aspect. The cake had its own lovely table outside of our private room, and Annie brought it in for a ceremonial cutting, then she and her capable staff took it out of the room to cut and serve it. Beyond that, they divided up the remainder of the cake, and using supplies I brought for this purpose, wrapped the rest of the cake for guests to take home. It was this sort of value-added service, freely and graciously given, that was just one aspect that made the event at The Tailored Tea so very special.

While our luncheon was booked to run 1-1/2 to 2 hours, we never felt rushed, and we did run over our allotted time. Again, an average or chain restaurant might pressure you to get out, but we got nothing but hospitality and kindness from Annie, Christine and the rest of the staff at The Tailored Tea.

At the end, I told Annie that I couldn't thank her enough...it's like this lovely old house that sat empty for years was waiting just for her. We left with wonderful memories and rave reviews from the entire group. I cannot thank The Tailored Tea enough for helping us create memories of a wonderful celebration - and Annie thanked US for sharing the day with her! Highly recommended...above and beyond our highest expectations.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went to the Tailored Tea for the first time and loved it. Arrived early and it was very relaxing. The lemon blueberry pancakes were delicious - flavorful but not too heavy. The service was excellent. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Brunch or Tea is served in a beautifully restored historic farm house a stone's throw away from the perimeter of the Albany Airport. Each table has its own unique decoration and color scheme with cloth table linens and a variety of beautiful china tea cups and fresh flowers. The atmosphere is quaint and relaxing. If you are in the mood to play dress-up (or not), this is a perfect place to go. They only take reservations for parties of 6 or more, and it helps to check their website or call in case they are reserved for a special event on a particular day.

I've been here twice, once for tea (after 2 PM) and once for brunch (before 2 PM). They serve a wide variety of plain, flavored, and herbal teas by the cup, pot, or half-pot, and I found the half-pot to be adequate for several refills. They also have coffee and some soft drinks. My pot was kept at a perfect serving temperature over a tea-light server. I ordered a selection of tea sandwiches and tiny desserts artfully served on a multi-tiered rack. Sandwich fillings and breads were fresh and flavorful, the desserts sweet and rich. All of my companions were similarly pleased with their selections. I decided the chocolate-flavored tea was not my best choice however; I much preferred the chi I ordered with brunch.

For brunch I had banana and mascarpone-stuffed French toast with berry compote. The bread was just slightly crispy on the outside, gooey with fruit and mild cheese on the inside. Yum! My side of link-style pork sausages, served cut in half and grilled, was a little bland and grey-looking, and I prefer them to be a little more spicy and browned all over. Or better yet, patty sausage.

Servers, wearing pristine white Tailored Tea aprons, were friendly and attentive. But on both visits I or a companion tried to order one of the special items (most recently a banana-nut scone, and almond cake dessert) and found that the item was already sold out, even though it was early in the serving day. So this relatively new business needs to better anticipate their baking needs. I have not managed to try their sweet or savory homemade scones yet, so I can't vouch for them-but they do sell out. One friend mentioned that she would like to see a plain scone on the menu, beside all the special ones. Prices are moderate-slightly high but a good value for all the handmade freshness. They put a lot of effort into presentation.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Had tea at the Tailored Tea yesterday and was sadly disappointed. In August, I expect a salad with the freshest of ingredients which was not the case relative to the red pepper. No cucumber. Yellow squash was cooked and somewhat mushy.
Scones were okay, but nothing special. Of the three dramatic desserts, the peanut butter tart was tasty, but the other two were lackluster. My friend ordered the tea sandwiches, and she too was disappointed in the quality and presentation. Service had a stop and go quality to it. On the positive side, the table setting was cute and inviting with the mismatched tea cups.

2  Thank Autumntraveller7

Been to The Tailored Tea? Share your experiences!