“For the price it's OK. You can do better!!!”

Golden Circle Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Latham B&B and Inns
Quebec City, Canada
“For the price it's OK. You can do better!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

For the price, it's just OK. Access to route 87 a plus. A few restaurants in the vicinity.

Our room was in the new section (do not get a room in the old section). The room was relatively clean. It's OK for an "overnighter" if your tired of driving. One night is enough.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

Please do not confuse this sit with the other Cocca's Inns as this one is operated by a different person. We were planning a romantic night in a king jacuzzi suite, and it ended up totally ruined by the rude and disrespectful owner Jimmy. First of all, we had to use all of the towels to soak up the water from the shower that ran out of the bathroom, the plug in the jacuzzi did not work, so we had to plug it with a washcloth, then the jets would not blow, and the toilet paper holder was on the back of the toilet. Upon informing the lazy man at the front desk, of whom was totally distracted by a computer game, I took it upon myself to call one of the other locations to inform someone of the troubles we had, I then recieved "THE PHONECALL"
The owner called the room and was very rude and angry, telling me that
"He rents that room every day, and we must have left the shower door open, and we must have broken the toilet paper holder, and he had never had complaints before, he even said he was going to call the police on me for complaining. To top it off he said that he had an attitude because I was trying to ruin his day" This room was $119 and it was the only one available. Not to mention the "Continental breakfast" consisted of a small danish and cold coffee.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lmj001
Geneva NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

I was a little puzzled by the 3 negative reviews but all three sound like they stayed in the old part of the hotel. There is an old "strip motel" section then a newer, remodeled section - which is where i stayed.

Let's be honest, for the low rate, this is not The Ritz. But the whole room looked newly remodeled. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioner was effective and relatively quiet.

The two different gentlemen I encountered at the front desk were pleasant and the housekeeper was friendly when she pointed out the 76 Diner (a 2 minute walk) for breakfast.

It would seem that the better place to stay in this motel is the remodeled addition. Make sure to ask for that when you reserve.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Bethlehem, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

We had a great experience at Cocca's Route 9 Inn and Suites. The room that we were in was in a newly remodeled building and was beautiful. It was clean and abundantly supplied with towels, toilet paper, shampoo, etc. The beds were amazingly comfortable..

The gentleman at the front desk was polite and helpful in suggesting places in the area for dinner. (We took his suggestion for the Dakotah Steak House and it was very good.)

The room price was very reasonable ($72). They also had a 2-night special running for $119 for both nights. Can't beat it! We found this place when taking our older son to college for the first time and will have occasion to use it many times over the next few years. I am looking forward to it.

• Liked — The room cleanliness and pretty decor
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

this was a nightmare. staff was nasty. the man at the desk was rude and had no desire to be of assistance. he pretty much made us feel like we made a bad choice from the moment of check in. the real problem began when we saw our room. the smell that greeted us upon opening the door was horrible. the carpets were filthy. the furniture was old and the air conditioning didnt work. when we called the front desk the elderly man told us if we were so dis satisfied we should go else where. dont worry, we certainly will.

• Disliked — the rude man behind the desk
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank socialbutterfly20
Albany, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2007

First off, this hotel was So Horrible we didn't even stay the night. We were in the room about 2 minutes and turned around and walked out. Everything in the room was dirty, the furniture was falling apart, there were holes and the walls, and there was dust and grime all over. The bathroom tiles were falling off the wall. It was so disgusting - it looked like you'd catch a disease from being in the room. Travelocity was absolutely horrible at trying to resolve the problem - I was on the phone with them 6 times between 6pm until 11am the next day before they would agree to refund my money. Do NOT stay and do NOT use Travelocity - horrible, horrible, horrible.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MissNewYork83
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2003

This hotel is not kept very clean. An inch on dirt on radiators. Bed was king size, sheets were queen or full size. Something was in the bed or on that sheets and furniture that made me itch and break out with red marks. But the greatest pleasure of all is when I forgot to ask the maid for toilet paper when she handed me my supplies to clean my own room. When I realized that I didn't have enough toilet paper for the night I called the front desk and ask the man at the desk did he have any up there. He said no, you will have to wait until tomorrow when the maids come back on. I told him that I needed some now and he told me, WELL I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU. Someone should get a better cleaning staff and at least someone with a little bit of intelligence at the front desk. Thumbs down all the way Coccas.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Home2 Suites by Hilton Albany Airport / Wolf Rd
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Latham Inn
Latham Inn
#11 of 16 in Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Golden Circle Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!