“Good Korean Food”

Cuisines: Korean
Concord, New Hampshire
“Good Korean Food”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for authentic Korean food, this is a great place to try. Nice assortment of pickles vegetables and good decor. My wife said the Bimbim Bhap was not as good as others she's had, hence the 4 stars instead of 5. My cold spicy buckwheat noodles with beef were delicious.

1 Thank ji1963

New Rochelle, New York, United States
“Korean food conveniently down the street from Albany airport”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Considering the remote location, I was surprised to see a Korean restaurant by the airport. I started in the negative since the sushi bar wasn't open and I wasn't able to get the dish that another table was having. I decided to just go with the bibimbap and bulgogi and both were ok. I agree with another person's review that the bulgogi really needs to be cooked on burner or at least come on a sizzling plate. If I was back in the area, I would go back to this place since it was convenient and would try the other food.

• Visited April 2014
Atibaia
“Nice restaurant with great food”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The restaurant has a nice oriental decoration, with some aquarium with fishes.
The service is very good, as well as the food.
I was positively surprised by complimentary appetizers.

• Visited March 2014
“I will be coming back great food”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Nothing spectacular about the ambiance and decor but it was definitely all about the food- and it was fantastic. Great food, good service, I will definitely be back to try more dishes.

• Visited January 2014
Clifton Park, NY
“Unassuming atmosphere with very good food.”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Where to go last minute on New Year's Eve without a reservation was the question we were mulling over. Someplace relatively quiet with lots of flavor expected. We were planning on eating at about 6 pm so we thought we would be early enough to avoid any celebration rush. Seoul Korean Restaurant popped into my mind. We'd been hearing good things about it and we had a good experience under the previous owner.

Only two tables were occupied when we arrived. We were promptly greeted by a server who told us to sit wherever we liked, provided us with menus and inquired what we would like to drink. There was a NOTICE posted on the door when we entered notifying all that an application had been submitted and was currently pending for a license to sell beer and wine. So we knew better than to ask for beer and requested hot tea. They serve it in a glass.

The menu has 28 items, primarily all entrees, and is printed on both sides of a sheet of copy paper. Prices range from $10.95 for Koon Mahn Doo (grilled pork dumplings) to $16.95 for OhSahm Bool GohGee (spicy stir-fried squid & mixed vegetables w/ pork loin). There are also three different hot pot dishes which are priced at $39.95 each - I'm guessing these hot pots may serve more than one person.

My wife chose the typical Dol Sot Bibim Bahp ($13.95) with its assorted seasoned Korean vegetables and beef over rice with spicy chili sauce and sesame oil, served in a sizzling hot stone bowl. The vegetables were fresh and the beef was chopped with a nice flavor. A requisite fried egg was on top of everything, and the chili sauce was in a red plastic squeeze bottle. While my wife thoroughly enjoyed the dish, my taste said she should have added more of the chili sauce. This was possibly the hottest bowl we've ever encountered when having the dol sot version. Not only did the rice crisp up nicely, but all the ingredients remained quite hot right up until the last spoonful.

I should point out that before our entrees arrived we were served the traditional banchan. There were five side dishes with kimchi, fish cake, seaweed, radish, and what I believe were pea greens. All were very good. My wife especially liked the kimchi, saying it was possibly the best tasting kimchi she had ever had.

My entree was the Jae Yook Bohkoom ($15.95) - a spicy stir-fried pork and mixed vegetable dish served with a bowl of white rice. This was a very tasty dish. At first I thought there might have been too much oil in the bottom of my plate, but once I finished everything there was just a little left which I attempted to scoop up with my spoon, since I was enjoying all the flavors so much, to add to the bit of rice I still had left . While this dish was labeled "spicy" I found the level of spiciness to be very reasonable for most people. The spiciness did not overpower the flavors of the pork and vegetables.

Our server was very efficient, handling the customers that were already there, us, and at least three more parties that came in while we were there. The kitchen prepared the food with a minimal wait time, and our server returned to check on us and to top off our glasses of tea, which were not added to the bill. I did not see dessert on the menu and none was offered to us.

When the bill was presented to us we also each received a small bottle of a cold liquid labeled as Korean Dessert. I asked our server what it was since I could not identify the sweet flavor. All she could tell me was that it was like a liquid yogurt made with corn syrup and milk.

We will definitely be returning because of the good value, efficient service, tasty food, and I want to try the Koon Mahn Doo.

• Visited December 2013