“Delicioso!”

Portofino Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Come visit us at Portofino,located adjacent to Travelodge Hotel. Fine dining atmosphere, affordable dining and great ambience. Live music on weekends and happy hour 4 to 7 monday thru Friday! Award winning chef.....find out why we are becoming Latham's newest favorite!
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Yes, this place is in a hotel, but please do not let that put you off. We flew in for a special event and wound up here after reading TA.
The owner and staff are so warm and friendly, and the food is superb! I had a generous salmon filet served over various vegetables . I like my food served hot and flavorful..and it was. My husband had the evening special; a filet mignon crab cake over polenta cakes. He ate every bite. The desserts are also very special! Not noisy either with very nice live music in the background. Portions are generous and prices modest.
We highly recommend dining at Portofino!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Having been here a month ago with friends we decided to go back for some good Italian food. We sat down ordered drinks, appetizer, everything was going well as expected then the light went out, there was a down pour outside, quite frighting....every staff jumped into gear, they lit candle lights everywhere, attended to all the customers with professionalism, food came out amazing considering the chef was cooking in a candle lit environment. We left knowing that the weather can be gorgeous or horrible outside, we can still expect Great Service and Great food. We WILL definitely be back!!!!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went to Portofino last night with my wife.........second time there! Had the filet and the seafood special! WOW! filet was tender....cooked perfectly and the au jus was just so tasty! The Shrimp and Clams puttanesca was right on the mark....ate the very hearty portion and still felt the need to dunk their delicious home made bread in to savor the sauce. Second time there...I've told all my friends.......awesome Service was spot on and wonderfully cozy atmosphere..Thanks guys keep up the great work... Happy that an independent seems to be finally making it in my home town..We will be back!

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I had my doubts pulling up to a Travelodge and seeing that the motel had the restaurant inside. And the decor was decidedly conference room meets Jersey Shore meets a touch of Old Vegas. But the service couldn't have been more delightful, friendly, and attentive. The food was quite delicious. Very flavorful and inventive. The portions are huge, so great value. This is not haute Italian cuisine but very tasty and satisfying. An ok wine list. All in all, I loved having my hesitations alleviated and, more importantly, my preconceptions smashed. A great find.

1  Thank nacreouseye
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to Portifino last night with friends. It was so so - not terrible but nothing outstanding. The atmosphere was good as was the service. The filet was perfectly cooked and tender,however is was covered with a sauce that ruined a good steak. Others in out party were satisified with their choices however have been to many better Italian restaurants in the Albany area.

1  Thank john c