“Make sure you are hungry to get your $ worth!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sushi X & Lounge
Ranked #64 of 143 Restaurants in Latham
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups
Description: This is a new restaurant , but part of a chain.
Malta, New York
“Make sure you are hungry to get your $ worth!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

As long as you're able to put away 2-4 rolls and several appetizers and some ice cream, you can justify the price. I hadn't been here before, but had been to Hibachi X before and was surprised to see that you order by filling out a sheet at Sushi X. I've only been to Hibachi X during their all you can eat lunch special, but the servers just take your order there. The service is not friendly or eager at either place, at Sushi X I'm sure its because the gratuity is included but it hasn't been any of the times I've been to Hibachi X, which I prefer.

My favorite on the menu has got to be the Angel roll. I could easily have 3 of those all by myself when I'm hungry! Their appetizers are small (2 small harumaki, 2 small crab rangoons, 3 shumai, 2 gyoza) and most are deep fried. Even the shumai and gyoza, which is strange because at every other place I've ordered them they are pan grilled, which has MUCH better flavor.

The decor at Sushi X is so all over the place, I couldn't believe it. It's actually comical. I don't know what they were thinking. Its so busy and confusing that I'm glad it was dark inside, so my eyes wouldn't go crazy from all the different patterns, colors, finishes, and don't forget the laser light show in the bar area. So weird!!

My friend and I must have had $80+ worth of just sushi alone, then we had probably 10 appetizers and small plates. So I'd say it was worth it. We had to slow down and pause for a long time between bites once we got to the end because we were so full but didn't want to leave anything on the plate, which they charge for.

Visited February 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dissapointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

my girlfriends and i always go to lunch here... usually its pretty good they have great drink specials and its worth the price when we have a bunch of us...this past time we went service was awful all we eanted was more edamame and we asked a few times for it but it never came! so we put our coats on n waited about 10more min until are check finally came... i also dont like how the gratuity is already on the check bc i wouldve liked to tipped less based on the very poor service we had :/

Albany, New York
“Great value, if you eat up!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We went here based on a recommendation. For $23 (weekend price) you can eat all the sushi you want? Bring it!

I was actually pleasantly surprised. Not only can you order sushi (rolls, hand rolls, sashimi, etc...) but also salads, soups, and other cooked items. Also, each item is cooked or prepared to order, so much better than the usual buffet. And, just because it's an "all you can eat", don't think of it as a buffet. The quality was much better. Restaurant quality, not buffet quality. You don't get a roll the size of a nickel, you get regular sized rolls. As well, you can get "special" rolls, which help with the value of Sushi X if you order a few. If you only get California rolls, or don't go with an appetite, it may not be worth it to you. If you usually go out and order a "boat", then it may be worth it for you.

A few things I didn't like. I don't like that they don't have coffee. I never understand when a sushi place doesn't have coffee, but that's me. I really don't like that the include an 18% gratuity. I like to tip based on the service I receive, and I really don't like them adding it.

The service was pretty good. They were attentive with removing used plates. The items came out when they were prepared, and the place itself was pretty nice. It was more lounge decor than Asian, and I'm fine with that.

Overall, we liked it, and we'll certainly go again.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“All You Can Eat?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Yes, but be sure not to over order. They will charge you extra for wasting any food. The food is just average. You can find this quality at a strip mall. They tries to give this place a face lift by promoting the fun bar but this isn't that great of a place. I live in NYC and honestly, there is no comparison. Come here once to evaluate for yourself.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“All u can eat sushi. Not a buffet.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Very good sushi displayed well.
Tuna tartar and pepper tuna are our favorites.
If your just eating California rolls it might not be worth it for you.
Sashimi is the way to go, get your money's worth.
Drinks from the bar can be a bit slow, but not always.
This is not a buffet, you order and they make it to order!
We'll be back

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Sushi X & Lounge? Share your experiences!