“Ehhh”

Scarboroughs
Ranked #17 of 148 Restaurants in Latham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Scarboroughs Restaurant & Tavern is a casual dining restaurant located in Latham, NY. We specialize in American fare and feature many great burgers, sandwiches, salads, dinners, and house specialities derived form areas around the country. We are open 7 days a week, serving both lunch and dinner and we feature a full bar.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My salad and hers were both tasty. They were not outstanding but were a solid value. I've been here a few times before and the quality and timeliness of the wait staff has not changed, although it should. Our waiter was clueless and just kind of stood around. The salads shouldn't take 30 minutes to prepare.

There are newer reviews for Scarboroughs

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had not been to Scarborough's restaurant in Latham. However, I am always looking for an owner operated restaurant (not a chain). It is, just behind the Peter Harris Plaza on Rt. 7. I love the look of the place, and on a sunny day, we could have had lunch on the deck. Nice little bar, too. I had the chicken salad on artisan roll. It was good. However, my friend had corned beef on rye and it was apparently lean and excellent. Our waiter happily obliged me when I asked for a birthday candle for my friend's DELICIOUS lemon cake. All things considered, I give this a five star for the service (FAST), the surroundings, value and the food.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Don't know when Scarboroughs moved to its present location, but it's a big improvement. We were there on a weeknight and the dining room was full as well as their smaller party room. Because of all the people it was noisy but not overly so.
Companion really loved her Oregon Hot Crab dish. My Pasta and Greens needed a bit more spice but was fine. Waiter Justin was very attentive and efficient. The service was extremely fast.
The new Scarboroughs is out of the way, but obviously doing something right. The parking lot was full, and this was a Wednesday!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have thought about trying this restaurant out in the past, but never seem to think of it when I'm looking for a casual sit down meal at a non-chain restaurant. I happened to be in the neighboorhood a few weeks ago and looking for lunch and actually remembered it! It turned out to be a good decision and I'll definitely be returning. The decor had a New England feel and the food was very good. The patio seemed to be popular, but I opted for inside seating. I'm looking forward to getting to try a few other items on the menu on subsequent visits.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We visited Scarborough's for lunch today, 5/14/13. We ordered a 'build your own burger.' Not used to paying $.35 each for lettuce, pickle, and onion. Booths were small in size. Tables were no bigger, either. Service was good, noise level was loud. We liked them better in their old location in Rotterdam, NY. It's hard to screw up a burger. I would not make a special trip to eat there, like I would their old location.

Been to Scarboroughs? Share your experiences!