“Atmospheric and delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Epicurean Bistro & Wine Bar - CLOSED

The Epicurean Bistro & Wine Bar
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Epicurean is an authentic French bistro, the only one in the Capital Region of New York. The Chef-owner is French Canadian. Our food is classic French with a Mediterranean twist...Provencal or North African spicing. There are many classic menus items such as Escargot, Frogs Legs, Steak Tartare and Steak Frites. The ambiance is casual. We are a Wine Spectator Award-winning restaurant with a 2200 bottle wine cellar with a significant offering of French wines. Our wine bar has an extensive selection of beers and a full bar. Come and dine with us and experience not an eating, but a dining experience.
“Atmospheric and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Epicurean took over the ambitious Vin Santo space in Latham Farms and made it their own. I've been several times, and just took my husband there the other night for a romantic dinner for two. The atmosphere is quite lovely with the bar having its own feel. Food was delicious, continental.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank girlsingr

Schenectady, NY
“Very Nice Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I went here for my Birthday last week and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My wife is pregnant so she did not drink and I only had one glass of wine but we thought the food was great. We really enjoyed the Escargot, our entreees were great and the bread pudding for dessert was the best I have ever tasted. We also thought it was a really interesting restaurant inside with the open kitchen and French feel. I know they are changing the menue and we are hoping for some truly authentic French dishes such as Veal Sweatbreads or Brains.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Albany, New York
“wine pour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The wine pour at this restaurant is the worst in the capitol district...By far ..Food was fine but when you serve a 4 oz glass of wine it ruins the whole experience.....

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank davido o
normnmarge, Owner at The Epicurean Bistro & Wine Bar, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Since when can anybody eye ball a glass and tell me or anyone else how many ounces has been poured! Furthermore, every wine glass has a 6 oz. pour mark (one quarter of a bottle)...a standard by-the-glass pour.
San Jose, California
“Fail!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The only reason I gave this place two stars is because the bartender was friendly and the decor was nice. The night I was here for dinner was such a disappointment. Our server was TERRIBLE to start with and the food was mediocre at best. There was 4 in our party...a Moms night out which we doesn't happen very often for any of us. Making this night even more of a bummer being that it sucked. The server made us wait....and wait....and wait until we finally flagged him down. He blamed the reason on he thought we were waiting for another person to join our party. Not very good of him to start the blame game. Then we had to ask if there were any specials...he rattled off a couple and one was a filet mignon dish. I asked how much the price was and he told me $23 which prompted me to ask how big was the filet? He said 6oz. I was blown away! I even asked really? 6 oz for $23? That sounds like a great deal! So I ordered it. Well it was under cooked (I know that's my bad I like my filet medium people! Lol) I also noticed it was about 3 ozs and very fatty. When it came back to me it was inedible....they had microwaved it (yes you can tell a difference!) the waiter finally came around after everyone was done with their dishes...I didn't eat the filet at all. He basically just looked at it and I said it was inedible and he said "oh I will tell the chef". When the bill came the filet dish was more than he quoted of course $29 and he didn't take it off the bill. He also didn't describe a thing brought to the table. The desserts weren't good (creme brûlée that tasted old sitting in the ramekin it's served in probably for days in the walk in, and a chocolate cake that was decent). One of my friends ordered crab cakes for her dinner and they were over cooked, flat and dry...also tasted old and sat for awhile in a fridge before being cooked. The best thing on the table all night was probably the cheese plate. The lack of service and the mediocre food makes this place a fail! The prices they charge are too much for this kind of quality. Shame on them! The more I tell people about this experience the more I hear the same stories! Save your money and go elsewhere.

• Visited February 2013
6 Thank Dawn W
Albany
“Beautiful Bridal Shower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Claire and Sandy made the bridal shower for my daughter-in-law a very, very special one. The food and wine were outstanding, the staff wonderfully professional and the ambiance elegant and warm. Our guests left raving and the bride-to-be was thrilled, as were we.

• Visited March 2013