“Quick lunch turns into fine dining”
Review of Ala Shanghai

Ala Shanghai
Ranked #7 of 149 Restaurants in Latham
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We'll not quite. But almost. I got the tofu with steamed veggies. It was just delightful. There was a lot of it so I took some home to share with my bro.
Later I came back to order take out of puffy shrimp and general tso. Both were winners for my ever hungry boys.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were delighted to discover this local gem earlier this year, when my family and I were looking for a good place to eat for the lunar new year. I was especially pleased that there are vegetarian/vegan options (there is a spicy tofu dish with jalapeños that is especially divine). The plum wine is excellent. The staff are very professional and polite. We love this restaurant and have been back several times since February :)

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Awesome soup dumplings - we also loved the fillet in spicy fish sauce. Super authentic - we loved it! We stopped here on the way from Montreal to New York - would definitely come again!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

ordered dumplings, sesame chicken and chicken with broccoli. All were tasteless and the chicken was very fatty. I was very disappointed because of all the good reviews. I have had Chinese food many times and this was one of the worst places.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We love this place: soup dumplings, soup dumplings, soup dumplings(!) even though everything we've tried is wonderful. Service is attentive and kind but not overbearing. We love hot and spicy and we can get it here.

Been to Ala Shanghai? Share your experiences!