“Perfect Place To Stay”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Edison
“Perfect Place To Stay”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I spent four nights at the Century House. We have been staying here for the last six years and always find the accommodations perfect. The employees are all very accommodating. The hotel is conveniently located to golf courses, Saratoga racetrack and Albany. The complimentary breakfast offers a nice selection of food which is not the same every day. The restaurant has a wonderful menu, nice service and it is quiet. It is nice to have a restaurant connected to a reasonably priced hotel so that you do not have to get back in your car after a long day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Andrew S, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you Irene!
Not only do we know that you continue to frequent us, but we appreciate it!
I also have to thank you for writing a review for our property.
I can assure you we will do everything in our power to earn another on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Williston, Vermont
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a couple of days ago for a wedding. The rehearsal dinner was in the Century House. Both the hotel and restaurant are great. The accommodations were stellar and the food in the restaurant was excellent. In the morning the included breakfast was beyond good. A great variety of choices and the waitstaff helped with coffee, clearing the table and making suggestions. The entire staff at the hotel was professional, pleasant and helpful. As an added bonus, free wifi was available. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MikeInVermont
I am very glad to hear that you found the members of our team to be professional, pleasant, and helpful.
We work with our team daily, we will be sure to thank them for their hard work.
Thank you for your great feedback!
Morrisonville, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I recently spent the night there and was very pleasantly pleased. Family owned and operated, this inn was clean and classic. The decor reminded me of some of the more expensive inns I have stayed in. The food at the restaurant was excellent, as was the service. The staff was friendly and I will return soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you from our family to yours!
We appreciate that you took the time to compliment our hotel and restaurant, and look forward to you return visit!
Minneapolis MN
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I picked this hotel based upon its location with no other knowledge. and I was so pleased with it. The staff was most courteous and helpful, the room very comfortable, and the restaurant was lovely for dinner........ a real find which I would recommend and use again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Andrew S, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to compliment our services.
We will continue to work hard to provide quality experiences in the future.
Thank you for your recommendation!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 4, 2013

BEST SERVICE & LESS EXPENSIVE!
We had been to Lake Placid and we were staying in Albany for only one night. My husband & I had a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express, but decided to seek other accommodations b/c their shuttle service would not begin until 8am. (We also had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express when we arrived to the area, it was pricey & the bed was very uncomfortable)!

We needed to stay close to the airport & leave at 7am to catch our flight from the Albany airport. I found The Clarion Hotel at The Century House online & we were not disappointed! The rate was approx $50 less than the Holiday Inn Express, and the room was much nicer...complete w/ comfy beds, coffee service, flat screen tv, microwave & refrigerator. We arrived around 6pm...just in time for complimentary drinks & hors d'oeuvres with the hotel manager, which was a nice. We then dined at The Century House restaurant at the hotel...very cozy & relaxing..the fire was lit...it felt like home. Much nicer than your typical hotel restaurant. I had the lobster roll & arugula salad, my husband had the chilled soup of the day & the filet. Everything was excellent! Another nice touch...for every entree purchased they donate a meal to the local food bank. Since we were hotel guests, they donated 2 meals for every entree. I really liked that! We settled in for the night, borrowing a corkscrew from the front desk so we could enjoy a bottle of wine in the room. The bed was very comfortable; nicer linens. The next morning, we went downstairs to grab a bite...I was expecting the typical continental breakfast. Again, we were IMPRESSED! The menu included eggs, bacon, hash browns, bagels & muffins, cereal, coffee, juices, & milk. It was great!
We had confirmed the shuttle service & departure time w/ the front desk before going to breakfast (service begins at 7am). When we went to the front desk to leave, the clerk said the shuttle driver was running late. They had called a taxi & he waiting for us outside, AND they had paid for the taxi! NOW THAT'S SERVICE! If we return to the area, we would definitely stay at The Clarion at the Century House again! They know how to treat guests!!!

Room Tip: Hotel was very quiet; sits back off the street. The only negative, they do not have an elevator &...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for mentioning our Enjoy One Share One Program!
We recently surpassed 400,000 meals served in collaboration with The
Regional Food Bank and we have you and our other valued guests to thank for
it!
One way we like to do that is by hosting our manager reception and we are
pleased you had the chance to join us.
Thank you for your review, please visit us again soon!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Century Inn in Latham NY was a pleasant stay for me. It is under the Choice Hotel branding but you would never really know it the way it’s marketed. Periodically I have to go to State control meetings and this is one place meetings are held at. My co-workers had stayed there before and I just never had but was a little hesitant at first. When I heard about the colonial styling and look of it the nearby Desmond came into mine but it was never a big issue come to find out.

When I arrived the entrance is actually in a below parking lot so it’s a little confusing driving in. The area is wooded and plenty of parking is available. I was there July 17th and it looked as if a wedding was being set up. I walked into the reception area and was greeted quickly. The staff was accommodating and got me to my room quick. It was just being finished off when I arrived and they gave me room 106. I was a little concerned being too near to the lobby but it ended up not being an issue at all and actually made things quicker to find. The room was a standard double bed layout and kind of looked like a nice La Quinta Inn but with nicer furnishings. There was no complaint with the beds. They were comfortable and pillows were plentiful. The bathroom was very clean and staff offered to provided extra toiletries in the need arose. I really didn’t have any complaint with the room at all. The Iron broke but it was not at the staffs fault and informed them of this.

I had to get a taxi to a local Judo school as I did not drive and the front desk person Ashly was kind enough to call it for me which was a nice touch. That night I was hungry and the restaurant was closed but the desk staff suggested the tavern on the second floor which was very nice. You have to go up a staircase and follow some signs near a corridor. Some hotel patrons were in there for a few drinks and I saw other state employees eating so I ordered a burger which was excellent along with a couple pints of beer. The bartender Jesse was very accommodating. The prices were just right for the Latham area as I have stayed in the Albany, NY area for other events.

The next morning I woke up checked out and stowed my gear and went to the Continental breakfast area. My sense is there is not another room for this so the area is congested particularly where I was seated because the wait staff has to come through the door next to the line to replenish the food. The breakfast was OK. Fresh fruit, pancakes, eggs, bagels, juice and coffee where available. Some of the pancakes were a little rubbery but given the amount of food that is put out it’s understandable.

July 18th was very, very hot, probably 95 degrees so our state meeting was in a ballroom and was air conditioned and nice. The staff constantly brought out pictures of water.

The Century House is very nice and accommodating. The vibe is nice there and the staff friendly. We are staying there again in October.

Room Tip: Rooms on outside bank were quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your attention to detail.
I will be sure to share your comments with our team, especially Ashlee and
Jesse!
We are pleased to continue to host you, and look forward to your next visit
in October.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at the Century House for two nights to attend the Races at Saratoga. We couldnt have been more pleased. The room was a very good size, included two double beds which were so comfortable! The room included a fridge and micro wave, and we had excellent access to wifi. Housekeeping was immaculate. The parking lot was spacious and secure. There is a lovely restaurant in front ot the hotel which has a classic menu, all was well prepared and served. Very nice wine list.
Breakfast came with our room and we were pleased to find a breakfast that was similar to the British Breakfasts we had on our trip to the UK--a very freshly prepared buffet of eggs, hash, sausage, muffins, breads, cereals, fruits, etc etc. Great organic coffee!!
The staff was friendly and helpful. We will definately return to the Century House.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words!
We're glad you enjoyed our new custom, locally roasted blend of organic
free trade coffee!
We appreciate your time and feedback, good luck at the races!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport

Been to The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!