“Great meeting facility”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great meeting facility”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Recently my company held a meeting for 60 people at this hotel. We utilized sleeping rooms in addition to the meeting rooms and banquet facility. The staff was very helpful and accommodating for the times on our meeting. The members raved about the food and accommodations. It was a great experience being there, and the staff in planning the event was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your great review! I am so happy to know that our meeting rooms, banquet facility, and restaurant services helped influence your positive experience. We are pleased to hear that planning your event went smoothly, and look forward to hosting you and your company again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Rochester, NY
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The room was OK. The food was OK. The staff was very nice I have to say. For a historic hotel, I think I would have expected that it was a bit nicer and better put together.

What I hated was the parking situation. The night I was there, there were multiple events happening at the hotel. The lot is small with alot of islands that you have to drive around. This lot in no way can handle that much parking. Cars were all over the place in the isles, on the road. Luckily I checked in early and no problem, but when I had to go out later, I had to wiggle my car out slowly, run my errands. And guess upon my return? After driving around for 30 minutes, including the lot of the hotel next door and the restaurant, I sat in my car for another 15 min until someone left and I wiggled back in. I realize this was probably unusual for the middle of the week but before I stay there again my first question would always be to ask if there are any events happening when I'm suppose to be there. If there are, I will stay elsewhere.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've been coming here annually on business for almost 10 years and we get buffets for lunch and predetermined dinners. The food was way below par. The ham at lunch was certainly not deli ham (cooked ham and then sliced?). The chicken both nights was ok, but served with watery mashed potatoes. What prompted me to write this review was the "Coke" served at lunch in pitchers. It was so diluted that nobody (30 people) touched it. They used to have a waitress for breakfast, and that was cut out.

Room Tip: skip the food.
1 Thank Ira D
Our team would like to sincerely thank you and your company for your faith in our services these past ten years. We appreciate your comments and plan to utilize them as a tool to improve future events and guest experiences. Our management team is currently looking into why our cuisine was not properly prepared, and is determined to make sure that all beverages are refreshed throughout events. We have a commitment to providing quality foods and accommodations, whether you are attending a luncheon, or enjoying our freshly served breakfast after a nights stay. We hope that you will give us the chance to regain your confidence, thank you for the opportunity to improve our business!
Connecticut
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here on a Sunday night and I had a top notch experience. First of all I got a really good rate - probably because it was Sunday night. But the staff was extremely polite and friendly; very accommodating. The room was clean, nicely decorated. Bed was very comfortable. The hotel was extremely quiet and the wifi operated with no problems. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Andrew S, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found that our hotel was not only affordable, but quiet and comfortable as well. We look forward to your next visit, and assure that we will continue to provide the quality services that you expect and deserve!
BRONX
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my third time staying in this hotel. Friendly staff, very nice clean rooms. Excellent restaurant right next door. There are also additional very nice places to eat in close proximity.
I have finished shopping around. If I am near Albany, this is where I stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was impressed with the presentation and staff at the Clarion Hotel. I was staying their for a business trip and they made me feel right at home. The breakfast was a good qaulity, got to enjoy Starbucks coffee but the wait staff really made it a great experience. The room was a business suite so it was above my expectations. The bed a more importantly the pillows were very comfortable, got a great night sleep.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are in a good location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mathew K
Brossard, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very comfortable beds and good quality linen help rest after long drive. Rooms are clean and well maintained despite obvious signs of age of the hotel. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. If there is one thing to improve it is the unpleasant smell in the passage from the hotel to the restaurant. We returned through outside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham

Been to The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!