“Very Comfortable Stay”

The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here on a Sunday night and I had a top notch experience. First of all I got a really good rate - probably because it was Sunday night. But the staff was extremely polite and friendly; very accommodating. The room was clean, nicely decorated. Bed was very comfortable. The hotel was extremely quiet and the wifi operated with no problems. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Andrew S, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found that our hotel was not only affordable, but quiet and comfortable as well. We look forward to your next visit, and assure that we will continue to provide the quality services that you expect and deserve!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my third time staying in this hotel. Friendly staff, very nice clean rooms. Excellent restaurant right next door. There are also additional very nice places to eat in close proximity.
I have finished shopping around. If I am near Albany, this is where I stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was impressed with the presentation and staff at the Clarion Hotel. I was staying their for a business trip and they made me feel right at home. The breakfast was a good qaulity, got to enjoy Starbucks coffee but the wait staff really made it a great experience. The room was a business suite so it was above my expectations. The bed a more importantly the pillows were very comfortable, got a great night sleep.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are in a good location.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mathew K
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very comfortable beds and good quality linen help rest after long drive. Rooms are clean and well maintained despite obvious signs of age of the hotel. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. If there is one thing to improve it is the unpleasant smell in the passage from the hotel to the restaurant. We returned through outside.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was pleasantly suprised. This is an older hotel, but it has been renovated with all modern conveniences. Spent a week at a nearby large chain hotel, and coming here was a very relaxing experience. The wireless worked flawlessly and my room was very quiet. Good hot breakfast. I would definitely stay here again. Also, it's only about 5 minutes from the Albany airport. The only negative was that the exterior door to the hallways did not seem very secure (ok, it was always unlocked from what I could see). I did not feel this was that important, and felt safe at all hours of the night or day at this location. A colleague stayed in one of the "apartment" rooms, and although it was a bit more $$, it was very large, with two baths and a fully furnished kitchen.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms have easy access from the parking lot, no stairs required.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jimbo26
Bethany K, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We appreciate you taking the time to post and share your experience with otherson Trip Advisor.
If you are in the area and again entrust us with your stay, I'm confident you will find not only new French doors at each entry, but new electronic locks. In the apartments you will find new granite kitchens and in the guest rooms and suirtes you will also find new granite vanities and remodled bathrooms!
Did you know your stay helped someone in need? For every hotel room we host or meal we serve, we provide a meal to the Regional Food Bank. Since June 2009 we have provided over 310,000 meals to those in need in our community through guests like yourself!
So thank you for choosing The Century House and helping us help others!
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again i

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hotel front desk service was friendly, helpful and professional. This was our third trip to Latham and enjoyed our stay because of the location and the front desk personnel and the breakfast room servers. Daniella and Kizzy of the breakfast room were outstanding in their service to hotel guests; they were efficient, cheerful and helpful The quality of the room assigned to us this year was just average, however: there was black mole in the shower wall; the bedside nightstand lamp did not work properly, and one of the bed was well worn. The room should have a refrigerator.

That said, the overall all experience of our stay was very good.Thank you for the opportunity to offer our comments.

Ted and Lyn,
Great Falls, VA

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bizlink001
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really enjoyed staying for one night while attending a baseball tournament in Troy. Wish I had another day or two to spend there. It was quiet, had nice grounds, nice outdoor pool to lounge around and my husband and I really enjoyed the breakfast. Great coffee and good variety of food. We found the beds comfortable. Yes, the decor was a little outdated, but tasteful and it is the "Century" house after all. This hotel had more of a resort feel to me than a hotel feel, which was nice. I would definitely stay here again if returning to the Latham area. Very convenient to the highway and an easy drive to Troy. Cross Gate Mall was good for shopping.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center

Been to The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!