“Quality of Room and Breakfast Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel

You added The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel to your Saves list
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   997 New Loudon Road, (Route 9), Latham, NY 12110 (Formerly Clarion Hotel at the Century House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Latham
Great Falls, Virginia
“Quality of Room and Breakfast Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hotel front desk service was friendly, helpful and professional. This was our third trip to Latham and enjoyed our stay because of the location and the front desk personnel and the breakfast room servers. Daniella and Kizzy of the breakfast room were outstanding in their service to hotel guests; they were efficient, cheerful and helpful The quality of the room assigned to us this year was just average, however: there was black mole in the shower wall; the bedside nightstand lamp did not work properly, and one of the bed was well worn. The room should have a refrigerator.

That said, the overall all experience of our stay was very good.Thank you for the opportunity to offer our comments.

Ted and Lyn,
Great Falls, VA

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bizlink001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really enjoyed staying for one night while attending a baseball tournament in Troy. Wish I had another day or two to spend there. It was quiet, had nice grounds, nice outdoor pool to lounge around and my husband and I really enjoyed the breakfast. Great coffee and good variety of food. We found the beds comfortable. Yes, the decor was a little outdated, but tasteful and it is the "Century" house after all. This hotel had more of a resort feel to me than a hotel feel, which was nice. I would definitely stay here again if returning to the Latham area. Very convenient to the highway and an easy drive to Troy. Cross Gate Mall was good for shopping.

Guilderland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Everything from beginning to end was great. I had my wedding/reception there and they made me feel like a queen. Kizzy was terrific. Anything I needed, she was on top of before I even asked! I would highly recommend without reservation!! Can't wait to go back!!!!

1 Thank Lisa H
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here on a recent business trip and felt very mixed regarding my experience. I will focus on the positive first. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the hotel staff were friendly. I received a good rate since we were with a group.

I would not refer to this hotel as being similiar to a New England Bed and Breakfast. The furniture, carpet and decor appeared dated and worn. It reminded me of my parent's bedroom in the early 80's. The breakfast was mediocre at best.

My concerns came from our dining experience at the hotel restaurant and use of the conference rooms. Our group was misled and advised that we could order anything off the full menu and in exchange we would get complimentary use of the conference room. The menu that was given to us was very limited and quite pricey starting at $35 per entree. The waiters would ask what you preferred for your starter and when asked by a customer if it was a part of your meal they received an evasive answer from the waiter. This left me with a poor impression of the establishment overall, unfortunately.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Nice room on the ground floor making dog walking easy and a half mile nature trail made it pleasant. The room was clean, well furnished ,with a really comfortable bed. The staff were friendly, helpful and accomodated us when it came to cleaning, so I could be out of the room with my dog when they were in it.Breakfast was good, coffee far superior to any inexpensive hotel I've stayed in. The pool area, relaxing and unlike the other chain hotels in the area has both an upscale restaurant and more casual bar and is set back away from the main road making it quiet and giving it a more "in the country" feeling. When it came to my dog I really felt that she was wanted, not tolerated there and recommend it to people traveling with their pets or just visiting the area and need someplace reasonably priced and pleasant to stay.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very clean. Beds were a little soft. We stayed overnight with our Dog and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
melrose,ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here on a Thursday night while checking out the Erie Canal Locks in Waterford. The staff is extremely friendly; our room was very comfortable. The breakfast room was large and the choices were terrific. The hotel is located behind the restaurant and down a hill so none of the traffic from US 9 can be heard. Would definitely stay here again.

• 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center

Been to The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!