New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Monte Mario Motel
Monte Mario Motel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Latham
savannah
“Motel of hate and discrimination.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

Now under a russian ladies management I was called the N word and stated" you people are always expecting something"! I asked if the house keeper could open my room because I accidently locked them in the room. Then the manager continued with"if you want good service go to the hilton! I agreed and left!!!! I was staying there for the week @ 200.00 which i felt was resonable, after deciding to leave my weekly rate went from 200 to 65.00 a night! I stayed 2nights and she charged me $130.00 now how can your rates be 65.00 a night and the hilton is 79.00 a night!? I called the police and they stated she can treat me howeverd and charge me whatever after i decided not to stay for the week!! LATHEM FINEST!!!!!!! AVOID THIS PLACE EVEN IF YOUR STANDARDS ARE NOT HIGH!! The Best part of this visit was the SPANISH resturant where a family had a business and ran it well,, I was impressed with the food and service of these indiviuals after what they witnessed and obvious discrimination from the manager they packed up and CLOSED there resturant down IMMEDIATELY, it was the last straw, wow I couldnt believe there COURAGE!!! GOD BLESS THEM and their future i KNOW it will be profitable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank asteph_10

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jay, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

This is not the first time I've stayed here, but it will certainly be the last. I began staying at this hotel about 4 or 5 years ago once or twice a year. It's always been no frills but now it's downright disgusting. I had to change rooms twice before I got one that smelled only vaguely like a wet basement as opposed to the ones before which smelled like mold. When we were all settled in I discovered that the faucet in the sink was covered in what looked like toothpaste and soapscum, and there was a huge clump of hair in the tub, the lamp shade on the nightstand had yellow spots all over the inside and the place has not been dusted in a long while. Any thought of asking to be moved again was out of the question since the desk clerk threatened to ask us to leave if we kept being difficult. We stayed two nights and received no maid service, we had to go to the front desk for towels and a key to the ice machine which is apparently kept locked to avoid people stealing ice. There is so much more I could get into but I think this review will give you a basic idea of how bad this place has become.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
1 Thank lisa4761
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

When the desk clerk tells you not to stay there, take his advice. We went to La Quinta in Latham instead. Dirty, yuck.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — didn't even check in
Stayed June 2008
3 Thank cootmom
istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2008

my stay in monte mario motel was really a nice one. I stayed there for about two weeks and the price was reasonable in compariosn with other motels nearby.
room service was also very good.
The man on the front desk vas very nice and helpful.
If I went there again, I would definetely stay there.

Stayed June 2007
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2005

I had a very nice stay...Clean rooms and very pleasant atmosphere. I would defintely stay there again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2002

Drove through on my way to NYC and spent the night due to severe weather conditions. No frills, good place with friendly folks at reception and price-quality ratio.

If ever you are going down Interstate 87 South, get off freeway at Latham. It beats the Holiday Inn across the street and close to double the price.

Barry Friedberg

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2002

stayed here a few times. Clean rooms, fair price, and centrally located. I would stay here again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport

Been to Monte Mario Motel? Share your experiences!