Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Great 4.5/5
Latham Inn(Latham)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewssmall roomsales managerroom was cleancontinental breakfastbudget hotelno frillsoff the highwayprice rangegreat pricewould stay here againfridge and microwavealbany airportfront desk staffyogurtnight's sleepone night staybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Attention Customer service: Travelnow.com and AAA of Western NY

Due to the absolutely disgusting nature and the constant all night party that was taking place at this hotel, we departed after only one night (5-20-2010) and had to other arrangements for (5-22-2010). The loud noise and foul language that we endured from the moment of arrival to 02:30, then only to have my 9 year old daughter awaken at 5:30 with a person screaming obscenities in the hallway was way too much to tolerate. The morning’s shower only added to this hotel’s slum like ambience with layers of black mold decorating the shower unit. All of our complaints were confirmed at the registration desk the next morning by another group of guests. The hotel management made it clear that we must inform Travelnow.com so the hotel would not be invoiced the 2 nights. I originally purchased my AAA membership because of the extra distance my wife was having to drive to her new place of employment, but decided to use the AAA website suggestion to reserve a room in this hotel in the Albany area the weekend of 5-20-2010 through 5-23-2010. I am struggling to find any type of formula that AAA could use to rate and suggest this hotel to its members. If this is the type of hotel that AAA its members would suggest or accept, I will be not be renewing my membership for next year.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Clean hotel convenient to the major highways and restaurants. Check was fairly quick, only complaint was mattress was hard as a rock. Happy to recommend.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Check in was ok, everything went well, but check out was much better. Housekeeping was excellent. The only problems that were encountered was the fact that the refrigerator in the room went out, but it was replaced the next morning. Overall, the hotel itself was nice. It is located at a busy side of the road, and can be difficult to cross the street. Other than that, the hotel was clean and quiet and nice.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2009

For about $50 bucks I got a clean and yes of course tiny room in a bright and neat hotel with a friendly staff and an adequate continental breakfast to get me going. The available internet computer in the lobby was a nice offering and I would have been thrilled with the place if the mattress wasn't so hard - to the point that I had pain inside my rib cage and it affected my breathing. The earlier reviewer comparing the beds to concrete was right on and I'm usually not picky with beds - usually any decent bed will do. One other complaint - the room was fuh-reezing when we got there and it took a while to heat up. The construction plans and materials must be the same ones from down south and those cheap methods and products don't cut it here in the cold northeast - the windows were shut but you could feel the draft coming in and our first floor room's floor was ice cold. The cold room was eventually rectified so if you can deal with the beds then this hotel is a bargain.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saratoga55traveler
mic28255, Owner at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2010

Thank you for your comments. We would like you to be aware that we are in the process of replacing all of our mattresses and hope that you will return to our hotel and try them out. We will also maintain comfortable temperatures in all of our rooms and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed October 25, 2009

If you are looking for a clean, quiet place to stay for a good value this would be a good choice. Even though the rooms are small and spartan, Microtel provides the basics for a good stay. The queen-sized bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean as well. The room was well lit. WiFi access was good.
I had to leave early in the morning, so I did not experience the breakfast.
All of this was for less than $80. This is a value that I definitely plan to take advantage of in the future.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple