“The office chair is far too large for the room. It would...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport

and 1 more site!
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Latham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Norwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Our business is customer service and that's all that ever mattered to me. I choose Microtel because of Chris and the rest of the staff, period. Clean, friendly, convenient at great price. Can't beat it!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We are truly grateful for the recognition of this guest's review and we were delighted to assist in his group's agenda while in the Capital region.

Monticello
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Wasn't the worst hotel, but since I previously stayed in a newer Microtel I expected more. The room was smaller than expected, and the cleanliness could have been better. (soap scum filled shower head, insect bait trap- "for precaution") Otherwise ok.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

We thank this guest for providing feedback. The insect monitors in each one of our guest rooms is monitor monthly bey our contracted pest control company. We do not have enough information to do an audit of this room as we would do for other guest reviews from Trip Advisor . I will be leaving a message in hope that this guest could provide that information.
Our renovation project is underway and all the rooms will be receiving a makeover and updating.

Chris Steffens.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We initially picked this place due to the location, price, and favorable reviews. It turns out that it was a really good choice. This place is very nice, clean, inexpensive, and the staff is very friendly and helpful, always wearing a smile. They even helped me out when I realized I had left my toothbrush at home, finding me one and providing other toiletries just in case. Breakfast is complimentary, and the room seemed a decent size to me. All-in-all, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

My few complaints were all nit-picks: the heating unit was loud, the shower made a loud squeaking noise, there was no waffle batter at breakfast, unclear at first where to turn off the main road

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We really appreciate this review. First praising us for the good things especially our friendly staff and then listings the items that needed improvement . We will be auditing your room for those noted items and offering our apologies for the lack of waffle batter at breakfast. We had a problem with the dispenser unit which was resolved after our breakfast room closed for the morning.

San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is my favorite 2 star hotel in the ALB/Latham area and I like it better than a 2.5 star hotel I stayed in just a couple days before. Microtel is built on a human scale--this makes it cozy. At the same time, it is high tech in that the Internet is very fast and works very well and the rooms are designed so that it's easy to plug in a laptop. It is perfect for students esp. nerds, traveling professionals who need a compact room that makes good use of the space. It's a bit like staying in a luxury dorm room and it is quite neat and clean. I don't see it as an ideal place for couples or families but I think solo travelers will like it here. I always feel comfortable in this hotel and it is quite popular but not so popular that it feels overcrowded. Only thing I lacked was a coffeemaker in my room; you have to get it from downstairs. They do provide hair dryer and iron and ironing board.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
We truly are thankful for this review and the points made but we would still encourage couples to enjoy our single queen bedrooms but as always if space does become an issue for any guest we are proud to offer our 35% larger double queen bedrooms. I would have to agree with the guest about our internet access, every since will upgraded the access points and related software its been making new and returning guests very happy.

.All the Best,

Canton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stay here when I drive my son back to college. I love it- it's small, no-frills, clean, excellent location, near highway, shops, food, gas...There is a continental breakfast which I've never tried. Beds are super comfy! Water is nice & hot. Only thing I didn't like was the position of the tv was such that I had to hold the remote at an awkward location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you guest for the pointing out the small problem with the remote and the tv. We will audit the room and check the batteries in the remote as we have resolved this issue in the past in doing so. Aside from that , we appreciate the wonderful review.

sales@microtelalbany.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!