Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Latham Inn(Latham)
$75
$63
Hotwire.com
All reviewssmall roomsales managerroom was cleancontinental breakfastbudget hotelno frillsoff the highwayprice rangegreat pricewould stay here againfridge and microwavealbany airportfront desk staffyogurtnight's sleepone night staybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The only good thing about this place is location. Even though it's behind a gas station and you can't see it from the main road. There is everything you need around the hotel. Here's my problem with the hotel. I show up with a week long reservation, and after a days work I go to check in. They tell me the room was already checked in (it wasn't). I go to the room and it was disgusting. Grease marks on the mirror from someone's hair, the bathroom was a mess, no towels, and the sheets were dirty. I went back to the front desk and told them, and they told me I can't get a different room because they were all full and I had to wait for that one to be cleaned. Then on the phone they got multiple calls booking rooms. It took an hour and a half to clean a room. This place is a joke, they say that their wifi is great, and fast. It's not, its the worst wifi I've ever used. You can't even keep wifi most of the time. This place is terrible, the staff are useless, and it's just nasty. I wouldn't recommend anyone staying here. There are plenty of other places on the main strip

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Rokk4
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Oh My! It appears that we did not make this guest at all happy. Its going to be a challenge to back pedal to this delayed posted TripAdvisor review and get the real story but we love a challenge.

All the Best,

Chris Steffens

Reviewed July 7, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The ONLY reason I give this place even a one star is because it does have a good proximity to shopping and restaurants and it did have a washer and dryer for guest use and that was our main reason for staying there. We booked a non smoking room with 2 queen beds. We checked in, dropped our stuff in a first floor room and went to dinner. Came back and found that the lights would not come on in the room-a/c was working. SEemed to be jsut a breaker issue. Told the mgr-this was about 9pm? She said she did not have any other rooms-they were booked and would move us to an upstairs room with 3 queen beds. We just wanted her to fix the lights-she said no one was there to do that and she couldn't do it. I mean really? No one is on call at a motel for maintenance on a Wednesday? Whatever, so we moved upstairs using stairs at the end of the hall. Room was huge but a/c did not cool the room sufficiently AND the worst part was after we were in there for a little while and I walked down the hall to get ice we noticed the extremely strong cigarette smoke smell-to the point that I started feeling my throat get irritated. Since there were no rooms we were stuck. By the time we figured all of this out it was 10 and a 2nd very rude mgr had no solution or us except to find another hotel. We decided to not try to move our kids yet again and stick it out. Stupid move really but when you're tired after a long day of driving you just don't always think straight. We shoved towels under the doors as best we could to keep the smoke smell out. It did help and eventually the room was cool enough with all of us still and the lights out that we could sleep. But, that room was just too big for that unit to be completely cool. Please just pick another hotel. this is the 2nd chance I've given Microtel(10 yrs ago) and I won't do it again. We have heard not a word from the mgr and the hotel did not offer any kind of discount or anything else for our issues. Worst customer service and very unprofessional. The morning mgr was very nice and very apologetic. So, I will give her that. This was only for one night on a trip from Canada to NY thank goodness.

Room Tip: No no and no. No.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelwizMississippi
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

I am very sorry that this guest was accidentally placed in a room that had electrical issues and and unfortunately that only solution was to up grade you to our largest room in the hotel. I have to admit that although it is the non smoking room it is next to the smoking wing after that room.
It does sound like this guest is sensitive to smoke and I will reach out to this guest and offer further assistance.

All the Best,

Chris Steffens

Reviewed July 5, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 4, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013