“Clean hotel, friendly staff”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This was my first stay in a Microtel. The hotel was basic but, it was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The beds were comfortable and the linens clean. The room with only one bed was rather small but, if traveling alone it may be okay. The room with two beds was perfect for what we needed. The breakfast was adequate to get us up and going. Compared to the prices of the other hotels in the area this was definately a good deal. Not the type of hotel for you if you spend a great deal of time in the lobby area. If you need a place to sleep, take a shower and relax in the room, this should definately fit the bill. This hotel is pet friendly!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dmgbpg

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel twice in the last few days. The first was on Friday, with my son, when I was dropping him off at college, the second when I was stuck in the region because I couldn't head home because of road closures caused by Hurricane Irene. Both times I was more than happy with the place. It is a wonderful, simple, hotel which provides a nice, clean room for a really nice price. The sales manager Chris was fabulous when I first booked the hotel, and again when my husband called to see if I could get a room when the Hurricane prevented me from leaving the area. Chris was fabulous at getting me into a room, before the standard check-in time, and offering to help me in the morning to see if the roads I needed to take would be open in the morning I've stayed at inexpensive hotels before and this place beats them all by a lot. It is definitely where we will be staying at every time we pick up or drop off our son to school.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if there's a discount if you're going to a local college - it can save you...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Mariola W
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This hotel is animal friendly which was essential to my trip as I was attending the Saratoga circuit dog shows in August and space is hard to find in a decent hotel during race season with a Golden Retriever as one's companion. This hotel is about 20 minutes or so away from the show site and very clean, odorless and convenient. The manager and all front desk personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. I tend to stay in very upscale hotels when away on business and for pleasure and these folks were more professional and friendly than most that I have handed my credit card to over the years. Our room was not large by any means but VERY neat and clean and I felt secure as a woman traveling alone. The breakfast provided was a simple fine fare to start my day. Nothing over the top but all good and certainly a nice addition to add value to the room price. If you are staying for any reason you will not be disappointed at this value for price hotel. Don't let the 18 wheelers parked on the side make you nervous. Those guys know where it is worthwhile to spend the extra $$ to have a bed for the night. I suggest this for anyone traveling with pets and otherwise.

Room Tip: I think it is nice to have a room in the front of the hotel especially when traveling alone.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank signetm
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding and I must say that the front desk people were amazing. One was brand new and she did great. Everyone says that the rooms are small but I thought they were huge for the price paid. The super 8 across the way has such rude people working for them, so staying here was a much better choice. I loved everything about the place, especially the employees!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Felhorton
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Reasonable, clean, well kept, plenty of features (flat screen cable tv, microwave, small fridge, continental breakfast), friendly staff--just what you need for a comfortable place to stay. Easy on/off freeway location. Certainly not a 'destination', but fine budget lodging.

Room Tip: Get what you pay for--2 beds weren't needed, but the larger size room was much more spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 917vud
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel is a typical Microtel which gives good value. Everything is downsized but still very clean and helpful staff. Breakfast area could be enlarged. Bigest problem are the driving directions given on their website which must have been written by a GPS unit. Just follow I 87 to exit beside hotel if coming from the East on I 90. Much easier !!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigJim171
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here for an overnight when passing through albany. Very friendly staff. The room was clean and updated. Had every thing we needed. The breakfast was advertised as continental and it was just that. It was nice. We used a coupon from the room saver magazine we picked up ay a rest stop. Paid $74 total and it was worth ever penny. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank 1pwdlady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!