I am a hotel employee of a Holiday Inn Express, so I do know on a daily basis how difficult it can be to have a day in the industry without a hiccup or two, so I decided to write this after my stay, in hopes to accurately describe my stay.
I went to Latham to visit a family member who is a student at Siena College.. I do indeed recommend this location to any Siena parents who want something close by and easy to get to the college, but not directly on campus.
My first impression at checkin was a good one. At the time of booking, the available room type was not specified, (Just the way the booking on my end worked out, NOTHING to do with the Holiday Inn Express itself.) I went into my room, and it was two beds, so I did return to the front desk and asked about the possibility of a room with one bed. The guest service agent was very happy to help while under a great deal of stress at that time, being a lobby full of people, and it sounded like someone on hold. I was appreciative of his assistance.
The room was clean, the color scheme was soothing, I was pleased with just a couple little problems,
1) The bathroom sink was clogged, and something I battled with Friday and Saturday. By Sunday morning, the water would not drain at all.
2) The room was unbearably hot, even with the AC on, Saturday night, I gave up, and removed the cover from the ac, only to find that the ac which had been on before I even checked into the room was frozen, the coil was caked with 1/2 inch of ice, which I then took a blow dryer and my room key and removed all of the ice, so I could make it work properly, cutting my hand in the process. I was psyched to have it working flawlessly for Saturday night into Sunday morning.
3) Saturday afternoon, after a very long morning out, I returned to the room, to find it had been cleaned, but the housekeeper forgot to put towels in, I figured it was no big deal and that I could always pick some up after dinner that night, so I decided to take a nap. Mid-nap the housekeeper returned with them, which was slightly frustrating.
4) Sunday morning sometime around 10:00 am, the door opened again, it was the housekeeper, attempting to clean the room when we had not checked out yet, which left me wondering if anyone communicates to the housekeeping staff, which checkouts have left, and which ones are still there.
As i said, the room was nice, and nicely furnished however, opportunities for improvement would also consist of the mold in the caulking in the shower, dirt in the tub, and urine stain in the caulking around the toilet.
I hope those things are watched a little more in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Latham, NY near Albany International Airport! Our choice Latham, NY accommodations are ideally located off I-87, just ten miles from downtown Albany and near many businesses and government offices. Travelers looking for lodging in Latham can enjoy a stay at our smoke free hotel near the Albany Airport, four universities and the famous Saratoga Race Course. Families will love our Latham hotel's close proximity to area attractions like the Empire State Plaza, Aqua Duck Tours, NY State Museum and Hoffman's Playland, a family-friendly theme park located two miles from our accommodations in Latham. If shopping is your pleasure, check out the Colonie Center Mall or the huge Crossgate Mall in Albany near our hotel in Latham, New York. There are many companies near our hotel in Latham, like Century Hill, SUNY Albany, Siena College and the New York State government offices. Business travelers can also appreciate the hotel's free airport shuttle to nearby ALB Airport. Our Latham, New York hotel also offers many hotel services, including a 24-hour business center, free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access and flexible meeting spaces with seating for 150. While lodging in Latham, you can take a dip in the indoor pool and whirlpool or take advantage of the 24-hour fitness center and complimentary hot breakfast bar. Check out our great Latham hotel room deals and start planning your trip today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Latham
- Latham Holiday Inn