“Great Place ... very chic”

Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here for the first time and was very happy. The rooms where clean and very large, great internet access. The restaurant was crowded and full of energy. Great Meal ! Staff was great and very accommodating !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Patrick D

Reviewed January 23, 2014

In Albany on business, which ran late. We ate at the Hotel Indigo restaurant and asked the server for a "better" hotel for the night. She suggested the on site hotel as upscale. We asked her to get us a rate, which she did at approx $150.00. The toilet did not work and the front desk staff attempted repair unsuccessfully. We requested maintenance and it was refused. They explained there was no maintenance person and so they allowed us to spend the night with no toilet; a health risk at the very least. We were forced to use garbage bags. On check out, we were over charged by approx. $100.00. The hotel refuses to make good on the over charge and refuses to make good on the lack of toilet facilities in the room. Moreover, I would not call this hotel upscale but merely a Holiday Inn with nicer formica.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Reuven_R ,

The hotel staff checked the room during and after you checked out of the hotel. The toilet was in working condition. The bathroom appliances are different from standard household appliances. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping and maintenance department. I have been able to locate your reservation. There are no overcharges on your hotel bill. If you contact our billing she can explain to you how the charges work when checking in and out of a hotel. Thank you for expressing your concerns.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was my first visit to a Hotel Indigo property. The location I normally stay at in the area was sold out for the night. I was very pleased with my choice of the Indigo. The room was very spacious and I liked the hardwood floors. It gave a very clean impression. I really liked the Aveda amenities they provide and only wished the size provided was bigger; although 1 oz is an industry standard. I did have some trouble with the chair at my desk as I could not easily adjust the height so eventually gave up trying. The chair may have been faulty as the side arm was hanging off a bit. The folks checking me in at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. I arrived a bit late and most of the parking spots in front of the property were taken but I was told I could park to the left of the entrance near the attached restaurant. I did and entered in a door in that area and went up stairs to my room on the second floor. My only other complaint is the next morning I could not exit through that door as it apparently was also an entrance to the restaurant which is not open for breakfast. This caused me to walk down the hall to the front door and then back outside to my car. My tip would be to park in back of the hotel because there is an entrance and exit in the back that is always open.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AtomicReviewer
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Only a couple issues-only coffee mugs for 2, but they brought up more. The drapes were a little hard to use and the shade actually came down when I tried to put it up in the morning. Aveda products were nice & place was nicely up to date.

• Stayed: October 2013
Jennifer B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Michelle T,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our guest taking the time to share their experience with us and our future guest is important. Our hotel is located in a great area that is conveniently located. Eacg Hotel Indigo design is unique and reflects the local neighborhood.
I have shared your comments with our maintenance department regarding your room shade to ensure that all of our blinds are in great working condition. We look forward to having you stay at our hotel when traveling back to the Albany-Latham area. Kind Regards, Jennifer

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I usually don't review hotels until I leave and my vacation is over - just in case anything happens before I check out...
If that happens - I will update this review.
This hotel is really nice! I am very impressed with quite a few things here. Firstly, the cost is so inexpensive that anyone coming to an economy hotel and expecting the Ritz Carlton is a bit in lala land. This is an amazingly well kept hotel for the price. Our room is immaculate, The hardwood floors are awesome! The decor is really cute. As other ppl posted - there is one wall with green apples decor. Love it!
The bathroom is simple, CLEAN, the shower is really nice and in general things look quite new and well kept up.
The room and hotel in general smell nice. The entire hotel is smoke free which I love - no smell of smoke at all. No musty smell from carpeting...
The one downside is no breakfast included but there are a million places to eat on Wolf Road.
There is wifi in the room (as you can see bcs I am writing this review!)
Check in was fast. There was another couple checking in when we got here and they were done in about 3 minutes and then we were checked in in less than 5.
Very very nice hotel for the price - I would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 101seasonedtraveler
Jennifer B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear 101seasonedtraveler,

Thank you for your glowing review of our Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham. It is great to have our guest share their feedback. Sharing your feedback before leaving the hotel shows what a great experience you had. Our goal is to have the Indigo experience start the minute you walk through our doors. It sounds like we hit the mark with your stay. ! I have shared your kind words with our team - we appreciate the nice comments about the hotel decor, rooms, and cleanliness. Each of the rooms have murals on the wall. There are four different images, the apple is most popular. We have guest who specially request a room with the green apples. We look forward to welcoming you back to another fantastic Hotel Indigo Experience. Warm Regards, Jennifer, General Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I were on a trip home to Northern NY and decided to stay overnight in Latham/Albany. We had driven past the Hotel Indigo several times. On previous trips we had stayed at Best Western Airport. BWA provided clean, comfortable, no-frills rooms at a very good price, but on this trip, we wanted to try something new. Check-in was easy and the desk was able to provide us with a bulletin from the nearest Catholic Church we needed for Sunday morning. Appreciated this small touch. Most hotels will give you a phone number or a name, if you are lucky. That Hotel Indigo had copies of recent bulletins allowed us to decide when or even if, we wanted to attend Mass at that church. It is a small thing, but indicative of their attention to small details.
The room was very clean with wood or laminate floors, ample room and a shower with great hot water and comfortably powerful spray. I really appreciated the shower bench which made washing feet much easier than balancing on one leg. Shampoo had a clean mint scent which I liked. We found the heater to be a bit noisy especially at night when we were closer to the vent, but lowering the temperature to a cooler but acceptable level helped.
We arrived at about 7:00 p.m. on a Saturday night and found Stone Blu Bistro to be very crowded. We waited for about 35 minutes for a table, but were offered a complementary glass of Prosecca while we waited. We also had a complementary glass of wine after we were seated since we were guests of the hotel. We had salad and crabcakes, which were quite good. If we had ordered an entree, we could have had a complementary shrimp cocktail.
Despite the higher cost, we would stay again at Hotel Indigo. The BWA is perfectly adequate at the price, but we found the atmosphere, decor and service to justify the cost. I would make one suggestion. Since breakfast was not included and not all guests are night-owls, they might consider a complementary dessert/breakfast/wine coupon to meet the needs of divergent travelers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jantor07

Dear jantor07,

Thank you for your review on your first stay at the Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham. I am very pleased to hear that you gave our hotel a first try and you had a great experience. There is nothing better than hearing that a guest was taken care of, especially with the small things. . The only thing better than our location and design is our team! It makes me very happy to hear that the Blu Stone Bistro took such great care of you during your wait. Our staff pride themselves on being attentive to the details, no matter how small. I have shared your comments with the staff . We look forward to your return. Warm Regards, Jennifer GM

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I always stay here when I come up to Albany for work. Staff is friendly and the beds are insanely comfortable! The gym is a bit sparse but there are two treadmills, a step master and an elliptical. Restaurant attached is delicious as well. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank reroche

Dear reroche,

First off, thank you for your business and for being a loyal guest - we appreciate it! A loyal guest sharing their experiences is truly touching. I have shared your comments with the staff and Blu Stone Bistro. We look forward to your future stays with us. Warm Regards, Jennifer GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport

Been to Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham? Share your experiences!