“Homey rooms but disgusting towels and sheets”

Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Latham
“Homey rooms but disgusting towels and sheets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are really spacious and give a really comfortable feeling of being in a home rather than a hotel. Which could be a negative for some but is a nice change from the standard hotel room feel.

This hotel had such potential, but when I noticed stains on our towels and then our bed sheets, I really was quite thrown off. Bed sheets and towels are the easy stuff to take care of. Would have expected that at any hotel (clean sheets and towels)

This hotel is about 30 minutes from the Saratoga Performing Arts Center and is right off the highwayso is a great choice for anyone seeing a concert their. Saratoga springs is very expensive to stay in.

I'm sure this is just a one off incident, which is why I didn't rate the experience too low.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MSparks777
Jennifer B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear MSparks777,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel. We use an outside company to service our linen. We have addressed the issue of the towel and sheet condition. The issue has been addressed with our housekeeping staff to be more vigilant of the room linens. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We checked in late on a Thursday night on our way to Vermont. The staff was great! We were surprised with a treat bag, tickets for 4 free beverages at the bar, and a voucher for free breakfast the next morning. My husband is a member of the Holiday Inn loyalty program, but hasn't stayed in one in a few years, so we expected nothing. The room itself was clean and roomy enough for us and our two teenage daughters. I loved the decor and the fact that there was no nasty hotel carpeting. I was also impressed how friendly the bartender at the bar was considering we were drinking for free. I would definitely stay there again if another trip to Vermont came up!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JJJules662
woodbridge, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

The staff are absolutely fantastic. They accommodate the best that they can. Concierge and housekeepers are great. Melissa is a great customer relations person.
Room is clean and bed is comfy. The shower tiles needed a little more TLC.
Air conditioning unit is very noisy and I guess needs some TLC as well.
The Saratoga Conference Room is convenient and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Highland, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Traveling to Vermont for a family holiday we spent one night here. I was impressed with the decor as it is more appealing than your basic hotel. Hardwood floors in the rooms, large natural tile showers, and comfortable beds make the stay pleasant. The only less positive comments I have are: 1) the driveway entrance on Wolf Road is difficult to access during heavy traffic times as it is close to a busy intersection, and 2) the beds are overly high. I know, you're thinking 'so what if the beds are high?' but my mother has some problems with her hips and getting into the bed was quite difficult for her. We were in a regular room so on checkout I asked if their handicapped rooms had lower beds and was told that all the beds are the same throughout the hotel. Not sure how a person in a wheelchair would make the transition to the bed.

I would stay here again however and if mom were with me I'd bring a step-stool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChrisTaco
Meriden, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We just got back from our trip to Saratoga Race Track and stayed at the Hotel Indigo again. I book here because we have stayed here in the past and it's always been clean. Not disappointed this time either. I can always count on Hotel Indigo to be clean and their staff friendly. The air conditioner has been noisy in other rooms but not this time. The walls are not sound proof and you can sometimes hear others, but I would rather know that my hotel is clean than complain about little things. Glad we stayed.

This a convenient hotel to restaurants and highways. Will stay next year again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackandpatti
West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is near the Albany airport, convenient from I-87 or I-90. We didn't notice planes at all. Rooms were very spacious and affordable. They could also use a little updating of paint etc, one of our rooms had a whole in the wall. Was very disappointed that breakfast was not included. When we stayed in this chain in California breakfast was included. When we got down to lobby coffee area there were very limited food choices as in the quantity and quality at 9:20 am on Sunday. We drove to our next destination an hour away to eat. The cost and size of this room makes it a recommendation, lack of breakfast a big negative though. I am marking family but that is 2 adults in 50's and 2 adults in 20's.

Room Tip: we were in back of hotel and weren't bothered by any noise from planes or highways, but ac was r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Besos43
Jennifer B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention, so that I know where improvements need to be made to continue to maintain high standards. The concerns regarding breakfast will be brought to the attention of our senior management team. Housekeeping and maintenance have been informed of the issues you noted so they know where improvements within their departments need to be made.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the area!

Kind regards.
Vienna
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We'd stayed at the Hotel Indigo in New York City two nights prior to coming to this one and found a significant difference. I gave the Indigo in NYC 5 stars; this one's getting 3.
The good:
- As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are very spacious and the decor very nice.
- The fitness room, though small, looks new and provides well-maintained equipment.
- The hotel restaurant offers great food and fantastic service; however, it doesn't serve breakfast. The less good:
- Breakfast is served in the loud lobby, isn't full-service and offers limited choices. I knew that breakfast wasn't included in the price of the room, but thought that there'd be a real restaurant that serves breakfast on-site. I don't understand why the restaurant mentioned above doesn't serve this meal.
- Window coverings, or lack there-of, are inadequate. Our room was on the first floor facing the parking lot. The only window dressings were slatted blinds -- no pull down shade, no heavy curtains -- which let in way too much light from the parking lot. I woke up at 4:15 one morning thinking it was at least 6:30 because the room was so bright.
- The room wasn't particularly clean and I found a beetle on my pillow when I walked in one afternoon.
I don't think we'll be staying here if we visit the Albany area again.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thaddaway
Dear Thaddaway,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Thank you for outlining the good with the not so good. I do understand that you did have some experiences with in your hotel room that made your stay less than comfortable. Here at Hotel Indigo we hold ourselves to a higher standard of hospitality, so I am very disappointed to hear about your negative experience and would like to extend my sincerest apologizes. If you do choose to stay at our hotel again in the future we do have room available, by request, with window treatments.

If you do have any questions or concerns, or need assistance with future reservations please not hesitate to contact me. I do hope you can give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
The Desmond Hotel Albany
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport

Been to Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham? Share your experiences!