We'd stayed at the Hotel Indigo in New York City two nights prior to coming to this one and found a significant difference. I gave the Indigo in NYC 5 stars; this one's getting 3.
- As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are very spacious and the decor very nice.
- The fitness room, though small, looks new and provides well-maintained equipment.
- The hotel restaurant offers great food and fantastic service; however, it doesn't serve breakfast. The less good:
- Breakfast is served in the loud lobby, isn't full-service and offers limited choices. I knew that breakfast wasn't included in the price of the room, but thought that there'd be a real restaurant that serves breakfast on-site. I don't understand why the restaurant mentioned above doesn't serve this meal.
- Window coverings, or lack there-of, are inadequate. Our room was on the first floor facing the parking lot. The only window dressings were slatted blinds -- no pull down shade, no heavy curtains -- which let in way too much light from the parking lot. I woke up at 4:15 one morning thinking it was at least 6:30 because the room was so bright.
- The room wasn't particularly clean and I found a beetle on my pillow when I walked in one afternoon.
I don't think we'll be staying here if we visit the Albany area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Affordable Luxury at the New Hotel Indigo in Albany, New York The Hotel Indigo Albany - Latham is a sophisticated, Full-service hotel near the Albany International Airport (ALB), providing a complimentary shuttle to the airport. Our boutique hotel in Latham, NY is ideal for travelers who desire an oasis to escape from the ordinary, but value the traditional hospitality & services of a standard hotel. Our luxury Albany, NY accommodations offer convenient access to area attractions such as the Saratoga Race Course, Joe Bruno Stadium and the Times Union Center in downtown Albany. Our hotel is near premiere shopping spots including the Colonie Center Mall & upscale, downtown shopping on Pearl, Broadway and Lark Streets. Situated just north of Albany, our upscale hotel in Latham, NY offers close proximity to corporations in the Wolf Road Business District as well as Rensselaer Polytech, GE, the Albany Medical Center and various government offices. We also offer 1,200 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space, free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access and well-appointed rooms with modern decor that are an oasis for the business traveler to Albany. While lodging at our pet friendly hotel in Albany, we hope you take advantage of our 24-hour fitness center and sauna, Golden Bean coffee shop, and our Blu Stone Bistro and Bar. For the best in luxury Albany accommodations, choose the new Hotel Indigo in beautiful Albany, NY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Indigo Latham