“Great value”

Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Latham
“Great value”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I give this place 5 out of 5. Stayed here December 22 - 25, 2012 Compared to other hotels in its price range, the Indigo is great. I love that they can make a chain feel more like a boutique hotel. Very friendly staff thats eager to please. My favorite part...hardwood floors in the rooms! Bed was very firm, which is either a plus or a minus depending on how you like your beds. Personally i prefer firm. Bonus: great japanese hibachi restaurant about 300 feet from the entrance. I was on the 5th floor. There was a pretty horny couple across the hall, but that can pretty much happen at any hotel. Hotel is at the end of Wolff road, which has a 100 different restaurants and a mall and movie theater. I highly recommend staying here whether on business or pleasure. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Hotels2ndhome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Although I have stayed in dozens of IHG (Holiday Inn / Express etc) properties over the years, this was my first stay at the so-called boutique arm of this hotel network.

Hotel Indigo is conveniently located just minutes from the airport which I'm sure would be very handy if you had an early morning departure.

The rooms were good, with some interesting decor choices such as wood floors and more interesting art choices than one might find in a typical hotel. My room also featured an excellent coffee maker that stood out above regular hotel coffeemakers.

I was impressed with the free WiFi speed, surely the fastest of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Fast enough to handle HD streaming.

A refrigerator was not standard in the room, which is always something I find annoying when paying more than $100 a night for a room. But I did not bother to ask if one was available, so don't know if one can be rented or provided free upon request.

The restaurant had a decent bar in it with the expected hotel prices, although check in on FourSquare and get a free cocktail with an appetizer. Food was good, but not amazing, and frankly wasn't worth the high prices. There are a couple of excellent restaurants not too far away with similar prices and better food. That said, it wasn't bad, just not quite worth the price in my opinion.

Overall not a bad hotel at all, good service, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and even nice showers. Not much not to like really.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ZCT808
Vermont
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Chain hotel with a Euro twist, clean, modern decor, hardwood floors, comfy beds, smooth linens and soft towels, Aveda amenities. Super-friendly and very accommodating desk staff. No free coffee/tea or breakfast buffet. Coffee/breakfast bar in lobby. On premises restaurant. Close to airport, easy on/off highway location. Wifi spotty.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here with our dog (French bulldog) Mortimer this past weekend bc we were in Town for a christening and it was really nice we were pleasantly surprised. Between the room being very large and the aveda products were a nice touch the 2 restaurants on either side of the hotel were both excellent we were really happy !

Room Tip: Get the king sized bed its awesome
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank EnidO302
New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visit our son at Siena College who plays for the hockey team. This was the first time we deciding to stay over due to a late game. After searching for a room, I came upon Hotel Indigo. Since it was just me and my husband, I decided to adventure out from the near. Being two minutes from the ice arena and having a restaurant, bar and getting a "Siena College" discount, I booked it. We arrived before the game, checked in (fast and friendly), check out our room (nice, clean and spacious - definitely a treat from your normal hotel room), went to the bar where the staff was friendly and accommodating. We needed to be out in a half hour to catch the game. The food and service was excellent. We came back after the game at 11:45 and wanted a nightcap. Even though there was no one in the bar, the staff allowed us to come in for a drink while they were closing up to go home which was very nice of them. The only "issue" was the bed was very squeaky.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Indigo and would stay here the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: It was a great stay - not sure what else to add. If they do a bed check and replaced the noisy ones...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I came up to Albany from NYC to see Jerry Seinfeld perform at the Palace Theatre. The Hotel Indigo was the most reasonably priced hotel in the area, without compromising on the quality. The hotel has modern fixtures and nice wood floors in the rooms. The rooms are spacious, but well designed. Despite the front of the hotel facing Interstate 87/Adirondack Northway, the rooms are quiet. They didn't even get too bright when then sun rose the next morning.

The night staff was helpful when checking in, which was before midnight. There is an active bar/lounge at the hotel which had a decent scene. The lobby was quiet at night, but offered a nice breakfast and warm environment the next morning. There is easy access to the highway from the hotel and it's only moments from the Thruway from the Northway, so it's right on the way. With Albany Airport not too far away, it was surprisingly quiet.

All in all, a very nice stay and reasonably priced. The Hotel Indigo, a member of the Intercontinental Hotels Group, was a much nicer alternative to one of its sister brands, a Holiday Inn, which may not have been as nicely appointed. Would definitely return again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Josh M
Albany, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My Fiance and I just stayed here over the past weekend for our anniversary. The room was very spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable and the service was great. The girl who made our reservations, Larissa, was very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and I loved the hardwood floors. I had read in other reviews prior to our stay the the AC unit was very loud but ours was not bad, no worse than any other AC unit. The outlets in the base of the lamps were really helpful because I didn't have to move furniture to access them. Our experience was very positive and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MandaPanda221
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Home2 Suites by Hilton Albany Airport / Wolf Rd
The Desmond Hotel Albany
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham? Share your experiences!