“..beyond the ordinary”

Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This was my first visit to Hotel Indigo, part of Holiday Inn. My colleague and I decided that "club level" best described our feelings about the decor and amenities. I really liked this place and will return.

The rooms have hard wood floors. I like this (carpeting often makes one feel uncomfortable and wondering if they are truly clean). The room was spacious and quiet. The bed provided one of the best nights sleep I've had as a road warrior. The shower had modern glass walls with a wooden seat, like at a club or spa. The soaps and shampoo were earthy and infused with essential oils. The fitness center was available 24 hours. There was a bar attached to the hotel that seemed very modern with neon blue lights. They serve food but I didn't eat here. Breakfast in the lobby was not free, $1.85 for coffee but it was really good. Prices on their limited menu seemed quite reasonable and didn't make me want to go anywhere else. The server was very pleasant and made everyone feel comfortable, not rushed.

I hate to give up Hilton points but am looking forward to my next stay at Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Boomerang025

Reviewed November 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I arrived after 10pm on a Friday night. The front desk attendant was pleasantly upbeat for this time of night. I was excited to see our room after reading the good reviews here and visiting the hotel website. Everything was pretty cool looking! From the tiling on the lobby floor to the wall mural in the room to the hardwood floors, I was definitely impressed. The bed was very comfortable. The shower is huge! It is a shower stall but it is the length of a typical tub. The water pressure was excellent and the water was super hot! My only complaint was the shampoo and conditioner. The scent was rosemary mint which is an odd combination and the mint smell was overwhelming. I hate the smell of mint and it made me gag but that is all just a personal preference. I used Priceline for the hotel which is what I do for just about every hotel stay so I cannot comment on the price. The location was very convenient; just off of I-87 and right near the airport. I didn't notice any airport noise but I also live by an airport so I am probably used to it. It only took us 15 minutes to get to downtown Albany. There was no charge for parking and no continental breakfast which seems to be the norm these days. Overall, great place to stay and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We checked in here and right off the bat the staff was fast and attentive. Hotel was clean and the room had high ceilings and a clean modern flare- not your usual hotel pallet. I enjoyed the bar at night with appetizers. Very very good. The mattress was super comfy and the noise level was thankfully non existant in adjoining rooms and hallway. Great little cafe with coffee in the AM along with free newspaper. Loved it and would come back!
No indoor pool...so forget bringing your suit!

Room Tip: loved room 116-first floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We came in last minute from West Hartford from no power, heat or food. Kathy at the front desk was wonderful, warm, attentive and truly caring. She understood that after a massive storm wrecked most of the state, she would not only open the doors to this wonderful place but got my family of 5 and dog into a wonderfully relaxing suite. Now that's service and even gave us free wine coupons to help us relax. What a treat. The room was like home but cleaner and the space was perfect. Quiet hotel and warm home like environment. The Hotel manager also was equally nice and accomadating helping us w restaurant and mall info which is down the street. This may persuade me to leave Marriott and start hunting down Indigo hotels as I travel all the time.

What a treat so we even added another day to our trip as Kathy went above and beyond again to keep us in this room and move other people around.

Just made a horrible mess back home seem ok. Thanks. And by the way, if you like a clean room, you'll love this place and pet friendly. Cleaner than most that don't allow PETS!!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank RoniCarol
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We were booked in for one night on our way to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Out flight's ETA was 9pm and I had emailed the hotel asking about dinner. I was promptly answered by the GM that she would be glad to have whatever we wanted delivered to our room because we probably wouldn't walk in the front door until after the R was closed. She included a link to the R's menu. This was such an excellent example of brilliant use of the internet for communication and thinking out of the box to take good care of us on her part.

That evening, we missed our connection in Newark and could not get to Albany at all. I called Hotel Indigo and ... on the spot ... Danielle found me another Hotel Indigo close to EWR, switched the reservation and cancelled our food order. Amazing customer service ... service isn't even a good enough word ... I'd call it "Customer Coddling". Well done, Albany!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSN
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on a trip back from New Hampshire. Hotel is newer and gorgeous! Price was better than some of the cheaper hotels that I contacted. One of the things that impressed me the most was the smell of the hallways and lobby..I know crazy isn't it! I am not sure what they used but it was very pleasant through out hotel. Rooms were good sized and very clean. We ate at restaurant in the hotel very good food but a little pricey. Overall a good impression and would stay here again when I am in Albany area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cld5263
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Couldn't ask a better location. Super easy to find. Hotel clean, rooms clean, friendly staff. As a priority club member you get a couple of free drinks and a free coffee in the morning. The bartender in the restaurant was super nice and helpful. No reason not to stay. Bed super comfortable. The hotel was busy but quiet.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport

Been to Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham? Share your experiences!